1 [2.63%]
1 [2.63%]
1 [2.63%]
1 [2.63%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 06:57
Cast my two remaining votes...

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Catchiness can be in the ear of the behearer.

Indeed! In an earlier post I said that some of the songs (in the long-list) were more up-tempo than catchy in my ears. "Catchy", to me, means you start to tap your feet or - consciously or unconsciously - start to move other body parts, and that you sing along with one or two lines that invite you to sing along with them, because they are repeated...
My preferred songs are not the same as those I voted for, which are for me the most catchy ones that I like (too). Otherwise I would have voted for Paola Turci and especially Jarboli. But the last one is more captivating than catchy, I think. It has a nice trance-inducing groove... Those are just my behearers' ears. Smile

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 10:33
I take the different road from suitkees... out of the four candidates for vote 2 and 3 You're One and Blues is Dead are more catchy, but I like Mermaid Man and Domingo more, so my votes are for them. And Nista... I said this already...
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 11:12
I give my first vote to Foals - Exit. I already knew this track before the poll. I know that for some people, that would've disqualified it, but I don't subscribe to that philosophy.

I'm still undecided about my second and third vote.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 17:47
My podium:

1 Portished

2 Rosu si Negru

3 Jarbol

__

Greta successo for Paola Turci
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 17:47
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

I give my first vote to Foals - Exit. I already knew this track before the poll. I know that for some people, that would've disqualified it, but I don't subscribe to that philosophy.

Clap Seems we are the two lonely Foals fans here.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 17:50
When Will the next pollo start?
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 07:49
From the team topic, it looks like Shadowyzard is supposed to be next, followed by Raff.  
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 08:35
Not much time for commenting. Votes went to:

Jarbol - Didn't think of as catchy at first, but it stuck with me, and I did really like it. Like an earlier comment, I also viewed it as captivating. Interesting video.

Enter the Haggis - Kept in my head through the week. Good fun!

Glen Adams Affair - Definitely catchy.

A number of others came close: Loud Sugar, Slave Raider, Yello, Foals, De Staat. Yeah so most of the songs. LOL

Agreeing with Sam, it made for a good mix tape.
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 08:40
On Slave Raider, I had not heard of them. Seems like they were more of a regional metal band. I feel like there had to be this conversation:

Singer: Do you guys want to play in my band?
Band: Not sure, maybe.
Singer: I have a chainsaw!
Band: Uh, ok, we're in.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 09:03
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

From the team topic, it looks like Shadowyzard is supposed to be next, followed by Raff.  

Both are questionable as to whether they are participating at this time.  If they are, that's great!  The more the merrier.

TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 09:03
Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

On Slave Raider, I had not heard of them. Seems like they were more of a regional metal band. I feel like there had to be this conversation:

Singer: Do you guys want to play in my band?
Band: Not sure, maybe.
Singer: I have a chainsaw!
Band: Uh, ok, we're in.

Thumbs Up

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 09:49
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Both are questionable as to whether they are participating at this time.  If they are, that's great!  The more the merrier.
Since Lorenzo said he's on holiday, I'll send them both a PM to inquire.  Will post this is the group topic also.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 16:07
Yes, on holiday!

First Gran Sasso Mountain and now Adriatico Sea, in the South of Italy,near Albania and Greece.

Here there Is a bad wifi.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 16:18
Sounds lovely, I would not feel bad about bad wifi with all of the beauty around me of those locations.
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2020 at 13:34
I had to turn to Spotify for many songs. YouTube are blocking half of them in Denmark due to a dispute with the Danish copyright agency.

PAOLA TURCI: VOLO COŚ
Restrained singer/songwriter. I really like the meditative intro. The chords are atmospheric.

Portishead - "Sour Times"
This one I already knew. Dummy is one of my favourite albums from the 90's. Really like it of course, but I would rather vote for something that is new to me.

De Staat - Blues is Dead
I knew De Staat for the punky "Peptalk" that opens the album. "Blues is Dead" is new to me. Quite quirky, and I enjoy it a lot. I liked "Peptalk" a little better.

Imperial Teen - You're One
Melodically it reminds me a bit of early Who. The sound is more garage-like.

It's not a style I listen so much to, but actually I find this really intriguing. If anything the chorus can't entirely live up to the verse and the very original soundscape. The latter is the main attraction for me. By far the most original song so far.

Salada de Frutas - Se Cá Nevasse
A bit new way-sounding. Interesting intro. I think the sound and production is more interesting than the actual composition which is perhaps a bit anonymous. The guitar riff in the verse deserves credits though - quite cheeky actually. I also like the vocal harmonies.

Enter the Haggis “Gasoline"
Think I have heard this one before. Not so much my style though.

Edited by The Anders - August 15 2020 at 14:18
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2020 at 14:19
My votes:
PAOLA TURCI: VOLO COŚ
Eye to Eye - "Mermaid Man"
Foals - Exit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456