Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid-19 Invitational Tourn-NeoCrossSymph #3

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which song should move on to the next round?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [20.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [20.00%]
3 [60.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid-19 Invitational Tourn-NeoCrossSymph #3
    Posted: August 07 2020 at 06:22
This poll includes the third grouping of bands that fall under the Neo, Symphonic, or Crossover banner and again includes some of my personal favorite choices.  Give them a listen and let me know which song you feel has the most chance at mainstream success in my alternative reality fantasy world where the mainstream listens to music produced by progressive rock bands.

A day at the beach is much better than a day at the office:

Ooh rah!

Hopefully, this one makes you smile:

Will you be obsessed with this one after you hear it?

Even Donald Trump is tweeting about this one.

Anyhow, give them a listen and vote for the one that you think might have the most commercial appeal to a mainstream audience.

The next poll will be in two days as I likely will not be around tomorrow.  Enjoy!

If you missed the first two NeoSympCross polls and want to check them out and vote, here are the links.

Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 08:07
Like them all, but my vote goes to Thank You Scientist. Such an amazing band.

Any chance of Lonely Robot in version #4?
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 09:51
That is a possibility.  I might add a bonus band in #4 or I might move one of the bands that I have to a different category.  I listened to the new Lonely Robot yesterday for the first time.  I will give it another listen and see if there is a song that grabs me and makes me add it.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 10:39
^Sounds like you don't care for it. Oh well.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 11:51
I like it fine.  It was more of a casual first listen though so I can't say that any song in particular stood out for me.  I tend to be multitasking most of the time when I am listening to music during the day.  It is generally only in the evenings or on the weekends when I have a chance to really do a deep dive on an album or when I am driving in the car. I haven't given this one my deep dive listen yet.  Embarrassed
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 13:07
I really like following your Covid-polls, because they make me listen to a lot of bands that I don't know (I didn't much follow modern prog these last 10-15 years), and make me discover the recent outings. Again, I knew none of these five. So, here my (very) personal appreciations:

Regarding 41point9 and Pure Reason Revolution, I regret that they feel the need to throw in some of those prog metal guitar walls and riffs; I find them more disturbing than enriching their songs. Otherwise there are some nice ideas in them.
I am the Manic Whale: I actually like the song, but I think the singing is a bit linear; could be more convincing if there was a bit more variation/reach in the voice...
Very much like Airbag, and this track definitely makes me curious to hear more of their album. But that is probably the problem of a "part I" of a song: it's not enough for a mainstream audience to be convinced by just this one track (not enough song-like).
From this list, I prefer Thank You Scientist. Their Birdwatching sounds the most original to me. Although maybe a bit too linear for a mainstream audience (not a sing-along chorus or something like that), it is a very pleasant listen and gets my vote. They too, with Airbag, make me curious to hear more.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2020 at 10:25
Then there is this poll which is also still open and barely anybody participated in it.  You know that makes it a cool poll then.  Wink  Give these songs a listen and cast your vote.  It is pretty embarrassing when I can only rustle up four people to vote.
 Post Reply Post Reply