Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Damien Wilson joins Arena

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Greenmist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damien Wilson joins Arena
    Posted: August 10 2020 at 07:47
Thresholds original frontman Damien Wilson has joined neo prog rock band Arena. Im kind of excited about this, as i really like the band Arena, and have been following them for years. I recommend their album The Visitor, to anybody thats a prog rock fan, cause its a cracker of an album.

Im hoping that Damien Wilson can bring to the table more than just his vocals, cause i think Arena have lost their mojo since the Peppers Ghost album, their last good album imo was Contagion. Im going to admit aswell that Damien Wilson is my least favourite of the Threshold vocalists, but truth be told, i havent found myself being much of a fan of Paul Manzi (who Damiens replacing), Rob Sowden is my favourite of Arena's vocalists, Paul Wrightson is alright, but he sings like he's trying too hard alot of the times, where as Rob Sowden sounds more relaxed.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 08:26
Originally posted by Greenmist Greenmist wrote:

Thresholds original frontman Damien Wilson has joined neo prog rock band Arena. Im kind of excited about this, as i really like the band Arena, and have been following them for years. I recommend their album The Visitor, to anybody thats a prog rock fan, cause its a cracker of an album.

Im hoping that Damien Wilson can bring to the table more than just his vocals, cause i think Arena have lost their mojo since the Peppers Ghost album, their last good album imo was Contagion. Im going to admit aswell that Damien Wilson is my least favourite of the Threshold vocalists, but truth be told, i havent found myself being much of a fan of Paul Manzi (who Damiens replacing), Rob Sowden is my favourite of Arena's vocalists, Paul Wrightson is alright, but he sings like he's trying too hard alot of the times, where as Rob Sowden sounds more relaxed.

Thanks for sharing sounds extremely interesting 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2020 at 04:54
I'm disappointed that Headspace is no more ( All That You Fear Is Gone was one of my favourite albums of the 2010's) but I do love Wilson's singing. I presume Arena still includes John Mitchell ( a more than capable singer himself) and John Jowitt? If so then I'm well up for this!
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2020 at 15:29
Kylan Amos is currently Arena's bassist.
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2020 at 08:26
Love Mr. Wilson so this is (hopefully) very good news...

Not sure he was the ORIGINAL Threshold vocalist though, was he?
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2020 at 14:32
Very pumped up to see what they will come up with with him on board!
 Post Reply Post Reply