Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

90125 vs Three of a Perfect Pair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Which album do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
31 [47.69%]
27 [41.54%]
7 [10.77%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 90125 vs Three of a Perfect Pair
    Posted: August 10 2020 at 16:13
Which of these 80's albums do you prefer? If your answer is neither then don't vote but comment in here instead and say which other album from that era you prefer. Wink

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - August 10 2020 at 19:27
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 16:17
Yes, I'm voting for 90125, and together with Talk & The Ladder, they're three of a perfect pair for me. Smile
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 16:19
Three for sure. One of Crimsons best apart from Sleepless. Smelly 80s drums on that track
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 16:20
Yes - 90125
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 16:24
KC, no question. Aside from Man With An Open Heart & Model Man the album is top notch. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 16:30
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

KC, no question. Aside from Man With An Open Heart & Model Man the album is top notch. 

It's funny you say that because those might be my two favorite songs from the album. LOL
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 17:26
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

It's funny you say that because those might be my two favorite songs from the album. LOL

You might have done this as "“Man with an Open Heart" vs. "Owner of a Lonely Heart".

I think I did that poll years ago with some other heart options. In that case I do prefer the song from 90125, but on the whole I prefer Three of a Perfect Pair. I think my least liked song on 90125 is this (it does have bit of Crimson vibe in part that I quite like but also a kind of AOR that does not appeal):

Neither album is much my bag, but I'm going with KC on this.

Steve Wyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Wyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 17:27
Having owned it since February 11, 1984, I can still unequivocally state that 90125 remains my very favorite rock album of all-time!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 17:33
Originally posted by Steve Wyzard Steve Wyzard wrote:

Having owned it since February 11, 1984, I can still unequivocally state that 90125 remains my very favorite rock album of all-time!

1984 is apt, because it might seem like you live in a dystopian world with that as your favourite. One might say of the album, "With its grace and carelessness it seemed to annihilate a whole [music] culture" (George Orwell's 1984)...

Just playing around, by the way.

I haven't listened to the album in full since the 80s. At the time I was a major fan of Fragile.

Edited by Logan - August 10 2020 at 17:35
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 18:20
Only heard 90125, so that gets the nod. 
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 18:40
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

You might have done this as "“Man with an Open Heart" vs. "Owner of a Lonely Heart".

I think I did that poll years ago with some other heart options. In that case I do prefer the song from 90125, but on the whole I prefer Three of a Perfect Pair. I think my least liked song on 90125 is this (it does have bit of Crimson vibe in part that I quite like but also a kind of AOR that does not appeal):

Neither album is much my bag, but I'm going with KC on this.

Wow, I never thought of that. Maybe that will be a future poll. Thanks for the idea. ;)

Anyway, the thing for me is that 90125 has no weak tracks on it. TOAPP has "nuages" and "industry." Everything is else is very good. If it wasn't for those two it would be a lot closer imo. I'm also not that crazy about dig me but I do like the chorus of that song at least. I have to admit LTIA pt. 3 is pretty cool though.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 18:44
Originally posted by Mormegil Mormegil wrote:

Only heard 90125, so that gets the nod. 

This poll is for those who have heard both. I didn't think I would have to add a "only familiar with one album" option but in the future on one of my polls please don't vote if you don't know both albums. Or at least listen to the one you are not familiar with on youtube first before deciding. Wink

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - August 10 2020 at 18:46
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 19:17
90125 is the clear choice for me, the KC album is shy of 'perfect'.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 19:26
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Yep, the question isn't which one is more prog it's which one do you prefer? I would like to start over since one person on here technically cheated but there doesn't seem to be a way to delete the poll at this point so I'll keep it. However, if 90125 has one more vote or is tied just keep in mind someone on here didn't hear the other one so technically it's a tie if 90125 is up by one. Wink

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - August 10 2020 at 19:29
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 19:38
I haven't actually heard three of a perfect pair, except for having heard several songs in their live versions. Even though I do like many of them, and that 90125 isn't nearly among my favourite Yes albums, I still think Yes would take my vote here... even though I'm not actually voting for either.
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 19:49
Discipline and Beat would beat 90125.

Three of a Perfect Pair and 90125 are about equal to me. 

Third option then. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 19:51
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

I haven't actually heard three of a perfect pair, except for having heard several songs in their live versions. Even though I do like many of them, and that 90125 isn't nearly among my favourite Yes albums, I still think Yes would take my vote here... even though I'm not actually voting for either.

Thank you for respecting that and not voting for one over the other. 
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 19:52

Yep, the question isn't which one is more prog it's which one do you prefer? I would like to start over since one person on here technically cheated but there doesn't seem to be a way to delete the poll at this point so I'll keep it. However, if 90125 has one more vote or is tied just keep in mind someone on here didn't hear the other one so technically it's a tie if 90125 is up by one. Wink

Shall I vote ToaPP to calibrate then? Shocked

Edited by irrelevant - August 10 2020 at 19:53
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 19:56
Originally posted by irrelevant irrelevant wrote:

Shall I vote ToaPP to calibrate then? Shocked

Yes but only if you don't actually feel that TOOPP is better than 90125. I know it sounds weird but it would balance things out and we can call it even if you do. ;)

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - August 10 2020 at 19:57
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 19:57
If I never hear Owner of a Lonely Heart again it doesn't matter to me. On the other hand I can always get something out of KC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>