Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid-19 Invitational Tourn.- Multilingual #3

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which song should move on to the next round?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [22.22%]
3 [33.33%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [22.22%]
2 [22.22%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid-19 Invitational Tourn.- Multilingual #3
    Posted: August 11 2020 at 08:35
So we've reached the final grouping of the 3rd set of artists in this Covid-19 Invitational Tournament and we once again take a tour of the non-English languages of the prog world. Give them a listen and let me know which one you think has the most mainstream appeal in my alternative reality fantasy world where the mainstream actually listens to music produced by by prog artists.  Once again I am outside of my comfort zone selecting songs from languages that I don't speak nor understand but the music sounds pretty good so hopefully you will find some nice stuff here.

Sit back, relax, close your eyes and harken back to a time when Americans were allowed to travel to Europe and join us on this aural visit to the Czech Republic, Italy, Norway, and France.  Choose the song that you think might have the most mainstream appeal.

And here is a link to the previous five grouping from this 3rd set.  There aren't many votes, so there are plenty of you who can stop on in, give them a listen, and give them a vote.  After all, you are progressive music fans.  You have to have some interest in exploring bands outside of the top 7 to 10 dinosaur bands from the 70's.  

Edited by rushfan4 - August 11 2020 at 08:36
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 09:44
Uz Jmse Doma - Not very prog but catchy. And the cover art...penguins with life jackets, polar bear with slippers. A fish licking the slippers. What's not to like.

PFM and Ange were decent.

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

And here is a link to the previous five grouping from this 3rd set.  There aren't many votes, so there are plenty of you who can stop on in, give them a listen, and give them a vote.  After all, you are progressive music fans.  You have to have some interest in exploring bands outside of the top 7 to 10 dinosaur bands from the 70's.
Maybe it would happen in an alternate reality fantasy world on a different website.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 09:57
Taylor Swift just released an album called Folklore, so maybe I need to go and start posting these polls on her message board.  LOL
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 10:03
^You might get more responses.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 13:51
PFM I guess. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 16:32
I liked the Quel Che Disse Il Tuono - Chi Ti Cammina Accanto? (Terzo Specchio) the best of these.  I didn't search out any lyric translations.  
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2020 at 06:57
PFM.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2020 at 10:27

Uz Jsme Doma is quite catchy, but not much more to me. Quel que disse il tuono is too much of a nostalgia trip to the 70s. I like the musicality of Einar Selvik & Ivar Bjornson, but not so much the voice and I have abandoned Ange a few albums earlier. Was not much convinced by the album of PFM, but this song is the best of these five, to my ears, so it got my vote.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2020 at 12:14
There is some fine cuisines represented in this poll.  This poll will remain open 7 more days.  Any more takers?  I know that there is some PA love out there for bands that perform in languages other than English.  Step up and show your support!!
 Post Reply Post Reply