Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What's/are the scariest movie(s) that you watched?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's/are the scariest movie(s) that you watched?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's/are the scariest movie(s) that you watched?
    Posted: January 14 2021 at 13:16
Originally posted by kolida kolida wrote:

Evil Dead was pretty scary when I was a child :D

Luckily I watched it when I wasn't too small. I get how scary it can be for a child. My cousin watched it when he was very small (he's older than me) and said that he had terrible nightmares because of it, for about 2 weeks. Its name was translated to Turkish as: "Şeytanın Ölüsü"; which means "The Dead Body of Satan". Haha, probably a mistake. Apparently the translator confused devil with evil. But in the end, this makes the name even scarier!

Evil Dead II is more fun I think. Some obvious comedic elements are seen here and there, but it is still a horror movie.

And the third: Army of Darkness is pure fun. One of my go-to examples of horror comedy. Sam Raimi is a genius! Even in the 2000s, he could come up with a masterpiece named Drag Me to Hell!

Edited by Shadowyzard - January 14 2021 at 13:25
kolida View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2021 at 01:27
Evil Dead was pretty scary when I was a child :D Do you know any good and interesting similar movies? I have recently got a Firestick plus installed ustvgo on it with the help of the guide from https://www.firesticktricks.com/ustvgo-firestick.html so I can now watch any movies in the world :) I just need some good recommendations here, thank you in advance!

Edited by kolida - January 18 2021 at 03:27
Machinemessiah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 14:48
Bad loser eh, I knew it! Ha ha, didn't expect that
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 14:43
^ But you're some years older than me!!! Sometimes even a year makes a big difference, like in the size of your penis. LOL

Edited by Shadowyzard - January 10 2021 at 14:44
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 14:41
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

Originally posted by Machinemessiah Machinemessiah wrote:

Candyman sucked btw. LOL

Oh and, I wouldn't directly oppose that. Perhaps I was taken advantage of as a kid. Pinch

Nah nah, don't try to get away with it.

There's good kid movies and bad ones, (well, to put it your way, at least I never liked it).

Edited by Machinemessiah - January 10 2021 at 14:42
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 14:33

^ It was necessary!!! LOL
He he

The novel The Eyes of the Dragon was excellent, like you said BTW. Wink
Ahh.. that is charming.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 14:30

Candyman sucked btw. LOL

Oh and, I wouldn't directly oppose that. Perhaps I was taken advantage of as a kid. Pinch
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 14:20
^ It was necessary!!! LOL

The novel The Eyes of the Dragon was excellent, like you said BTW. Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 14:18

Blair stuff was just the opposite for me. The epitome of uninteresting borefest...

Ermm Don't know if that^ was necessary.. but fair enough. Candyman sucked btw. LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 11:47

Have you seen this one?

Spanish, 'Tesis' (Thesis); more of a psychological terror... saw it in the 90's. I remember having thought: ".. what a badass".

Watched it in the cinema in the early 2000s. I enjoyed it immensely, also there was utter silence in the movie theater; which seemed to reflect the shock that the watchers were experiencing. (I don't include myself, not only because I wasn't shocked, but also because I'm always silent while watching movies.)

Blair stuff was just the opposite for me. The epitome of uninteresting borefest...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 11:30

Has anyone seen this one?

Spanish, 'Tesis' (Thesis); more of a psychological terror... saw it in the 90's. I remember having thought: ".. what a badass".

Being there, another I like from the 90's: 'The Blair Witch Project'.

I liked the then-new 'reality' approach of filming; the myth surrounding the movie, the woods, the suspense, the characters, the plot, and how something as simple as getting lost in a forest can frighten you so.

Before that, around 1990, Anjelica Huston's 'The Witches', wherein the witches made that sort of convention ceremony where they took out their human disguises and turned boys into mice, caught me badly... I was about 10. It got me scared for days even in daylight!

I'm reading here the director had to soften it after showing it to his kid!

And before that, certainly many. Honored mention:

Don't know if these are 'the most', but the ones I remember. Anyway, not a horror fan per se. In books a bit more.. Stephen King fan. A great book, and one of the best suspense/horror sequences I've read, was the ending of 'The Eyes of the Dragon'.

Edited by Machinemessiah - January 10 2021 at 14:15
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 04:11
Kairo (2001) aka Pulse. 
Disturbing movie in places. 
Do not watch the American remake. 

Edited by Cristi - January 07 2021 at 04:12
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 04:08

...........................AND ...............
DEEP RED BY THE MASTER OF MODERN HORROR, DARIO ARGENTO:

triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 04:05
Two other very scary movies for their time are:
FIEND WITHOUT A FACE....

Edited by triptych - January 07 2021 at 04:07
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 04:01
Originally posted by TheLionOfPrague TheLionOfPrague wrote:

Probably The Ring. I watched it in theaters when I was 10 and made me a horror movies fan.

Yes, The Ring is probably the scariest movie I have ever watched (and I've watched many, I assure you). Few horror movies beat Samara in her scariest moments :):)

triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 03:58
Originally posted by dwill123 dwill123 wrote:

Another movie that gave me the 'Willies' as a kid (and even a little today as an adult), was Village of the Damned (1960).  Not the POS remake from the 90s.

Perfect B-movie with lots of scary moments in it :)
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 03:56
Originally posted by dwill123 dwill123 wrote:

Jason and the Argonauts, I was about 8 years old and saw this in the theater in the early 60s.  Honest I couldn't sleep for a week.

More than scary, this beautie was a masterpiece of stop-motion cinematography !!!Wink
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 03:55

Actually I focused on the movies that scared me profoundly, but I generally prefer imaginative and spooky horror movies and John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness is one of the best horror movies as befitting that criterion.

Inthe-Mouthof-Madness

Loved it :)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 17:02
^Hmm. I really cannot watch real violence and abuse videos. I'm oversensitive about such things. I realized that my sensitivity level is very high, when I had/made my flatmate watch a terrible video of a practice in the fur industry. My friend was barely affected, whereas I had been seriously traumatized.

Edited by Shadowyzard - October 15 2020 at 17:24
Woon Deadn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woon Deadn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 16:54
Fiction is fiction, but real life is always scarier. 

Elite Pain, the notorious Hungarian bdsm site. Extreme tortures of women. Often safewords aren't taken into account, women are severely beaten, electroshocked on the genitals, et al. Certainly, it's officially consensual. However, the problem is Hungary is a rather poor country. Lots of women are looking for money to feed their families, to buy a gift to their relatives, to buy themselves something like IPhone... Also, from what I have read on the Net, it kinda seems that not all of the participating women are well-informed on what exactly they will be filmed in... 

Of course, I do not mention movies like Dafu Love that nobody over here (I hope so!) including me has ever watched. But there's a bunch of troublesome yet legal movies where people are severely abused - even if by their own will. 
Favourite Band: Gentle Giant
Favourite Writer: Robert Sheckley
Favourite Horror Writer: Jean Ray
Favourite Computer Game: Tiny Toon - Buster's Hidden Treasure (Sega Mega Drive/Genesis)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>