Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

kansas ( vinyl confessions)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kansas ( vinyl confessions)
    Posted: August 13 2020 at 16:14
After constantly listening to this album ,i find myself stunned at what a great record it was even though band members themselves don,t really like it, maybe ,just sitting alone in my parent,s basement during covid .Ijust appreicate,what a straight forward rock album but the key ingredient was vocalist john elefante what an amazing singer just in time to recharge the band, for these 3 songs PLAY THE GAME TONIGHT,CHASING SHADOWS AND the classic CROSSFIRE moving away from prog overtones and christian lyrics in songs most likely contributed to tensions in the band,i for one don,t care ,i found a diamond in the rough.

Edited by grantman - August 13 2020 at 16:16
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 16:22
I like it. too.
gr8dane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gr8dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 17:16
It's a great album.Yes Walsh is gone, but they did great with Elefante on this one.
Shake & bake.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 00:43
there is quite a large hole in my collection as I own the first 5 studio albums and the last 3 but nothing in between. The only track that I've heard by them that I really like in the intervening period is People Of The South Wind. Playing The Game Tonight is just average to me and way down on their best stuff.

Edited by richardh - August 14 2020 at 00:44
SouthSideoftheSky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 05:12

Listen also to the Live Confessions concert filmed in 1982 on YouTube or DVD. In my opinion it is better than the studio album. Especially noteworthy is the addition of flute and saxophone which adds a new aspect to both old and new songs.

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 11:08
I enjoy this album quite a bit, I always thought funny how Elefante sounds like Walsh a lot. LOL
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 13:27
It's one of the few older ones I haven't heard yet. One hardcore fan at a Kansas show said it was good though.
grantman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 17:42
just so that you remember it,s not leftoverture or point of no return.lol
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2020 at 20:35
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

there is quite a large hole in my collection as I own the first 5 studio albums and the last 3 but nothing in between. The only track that I've heard by them that I really like in the intervening period is People Of The South Wind. Playing The Game Tonight is just average to me and way down on their best stuff.

Check out No One Together and On The Other Side
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
 Post Reply Post Reply