Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you own any Prog Merchandise?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GolfBoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you own any Prog Merchandise?
    Posted: September 04 2020 at 09:11
Reading the news about the first official Gentle Giant t-shirt inspired me to start this topic. In the last few years, I've been on a hunt for as much prog merch as possible, because that's what I'm most comfortable wearing and having around me.

My most treasured pieces of merch must be my Comus t-shirts (ordered from omerch.eu) and the key chain rings I bought at the King Crimson shows I went to. I'd really like some more obscure prog goodies to add to the ever-growing collection, such as something from the Italian Prog scene perhaps? Haven't had much luck finding anything, though. The best you can get with less known artists is products from aliexpress, but in that event you might as well order a custom t-shirt for yourself to be made. 

Curious what sort of things the posters on this forum have bought and are proud of, especially when it comes to obscure stuff. 
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2020 at 15:17
I used to have a number of tee shirts from 70s concerts by Yes, Jethro Tull, and Led Zeppelin. They all wore out years ago. I still have a couple of Tull programs, though. I have some CDs I bought at shows of lesser known bands, which are signed.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2020 at 15:39
I have quite a few prog t shirts. I also have several prog festival programs, a glass, etc. I also have tour programs from Yes, Rush, the Moodie Blues, King Crimson(somewhere I think). I'm not sure what else.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - September 04 2020 at 15:45
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2020 at 15:43
The only thing I have is a pair of 'gently' used Kraftwerk Official 3d tour glasses.  I saw a pair on ebay for £5.00. 

cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2020 at 16:55
Oh Lord....boxes of tee-shirts, including one from backstage at the Yes 35th Anniversary Show in Chicago, in 2004!  It features the name of the Lincolnwood Chorale, who sang with Yes on "Six Voices."  I think they were meant only for the Chorale, but I got two, oh well, Hell awaits thee, Charles! 

I also have tons of autographs - how about a genuine Bob Fripp signed copy of LTIA, from when he was playing at a small record store on his Frippertronics "Drive to 1981" tour?  This was on June 18, 1979.  At that time, he was totally convinced that he would never, ever reform King Crimson.  Oh well....glad he did! 

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2020 at 17:43
Well, other than a few tees that get occasional rotation (an ELP, an ELPowell) I have all member signed LP sleeve from the first ASIA concert, went early and sat in on the soundcheck. A signed Litho of the BSS LP cover. A Works Vol 1 CD booklet with CP signature gotten when I saw him at a drum clinic in Toronto. An ELP logo lapel pin and a piece of craft/art my folks did for my 17th birthday of the 'Pirates' crossed swords and ELP logo. Sort of a wall hanging.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Spacegod87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacegod87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2020 at 20:35
Shirts and vinyl albums

King Crimson
Yes
Atomic Rooster
Ekseption
Genesis
Jethro Tull
ELP

It's debatable whether or not to include Grateful Dead in this kind of thing, but I do have a lot of Dead shirts.
I love the band but also, some of the best artwork around, I think we can all agree on that.

Edited by Spacegod87 - September 04 2020 at 20:36
Levitating downwards,
atomic feedback scream.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2020 at 05:51
Just T-shirts and programs. I also have a few signed albums by Andy Latimer, Steve Hackett, Robert Fripp, Mike Keneally and Martin Barre.

Edited by Manuel - September 05 2020 at 05:51
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2020 at 06:23
Hi,

Hmmm ... I was thinking that I needed more items to decorate my bathroom! The old Playboy and Penthouse pictures just don't cut it anymore!

Big smile
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2020 at 10:22
There's the high quality UK bootleg tee (showing a rare picture of the original band), bought, naturally, outside the Santa Monica Civic just after the show during their '79 tour (in tussling with a sibling some time after, it got stretched out). Also, a free Yes Union tour program given away at the entrance of L.A.'s Forum in '91. Lastly, a Heineken beer bottle, emptied then spirited out of the VIP lounge at the San Diego Sports Arena during the Who's '80 tour.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2020 at 13:57
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

Just T-shirts and programs. I also have a few signed albums by Andy Latimer, Steve Hackett, Robert Fripp, Mike Keneally and Martin Barre.

Nice!  I met Mike Keneally at a music store guitar clinic once, he was a very friendly fellow! 

We spoke about when he performed live with Bob Fripp, opening the G3 show in Chicago, 29 June, 1997....Fripp was onstage playing his Soundscapes act, and Mike did some AMAZING Bob Fripp-like solos on top of these!!  It was jaw-dropping and great!!  

I once told Bob by email that he should have other guest artists record with him on Soundscapes (imagine Mel Collins!), his response was very Fripp-like and evasive!  He said 

Dear Wonderfuls C&W,

The future is unwritten...

Vb, Robert

(I am Charles, my friend is Wayne - we are both correspondents with Mr. Fripp). 
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2020 at 14:26
Here's most of the t shirts I have or have had:

Yes (one was made into a pillow)
Genesis (made into a pillow)
Rush (my first one was made into a pillow)
The Moody Blues (old tie dye shirt which I think I gave to my mom)
Pink Floyd (was supposed to be made into a pillow)
Spock's Beard
The Flower Kings
Porcupine Tree
Kansas
Frost* 
Nektar
Magma
VDGG
Fireballet (it was given to me from the band)
Rosfest (several from this prog festival)
Nearfest (Same as above but a different prog festival. I also have a few of the festival programs)
Prog in the Park (only went once so only one t shirt)
Progday (A few from this festival also)
Yescon (this is a t shirt I still have from a Yes convention from 1987)

There might be a few others I forgot about but that's most of them. 

The only band I've never seen live from above is Pink Floyd. 

If we are including albums I want to mention my black vinyl copy of Porcupine Tree's "yellow hedgrow dreamscape." I only played it once or twice. Apparently only 100 were made and it's worth over 100 dollars.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - September 05 2020 at 14:46
Tasartir View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasartir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2020 at 18:48
I have a couple of interesting articles:
2 Signed Pure Reason Revolution posters.
2 Plectrums (Riverside and Devin Townsend).
1 Tool hoodie.
5 Setlists from assorted gigs (Marillion, Riverside, Van Der Graaf Generator, Devin Townsend, Gazpacho).
5 Band t-shirts (Steven Wilson, Yes, Porcupine Tree, Marillion, Rush).

I'm not a collector, though, and would get rid of these things (read "give away") if they took up space I needed for something else.
...Histoires Sans Paroles...
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2020 at 19:57
I have concert t-shirts galore...
KC x2
Neal Morse x2
Transatlantic
Dream Theater x2
The Pineapple Thief x2
Marillion
Steven Wilson x3
Iron Maiden x4
Rush x6
I'm sure I have others....

Drum sticks from Mike Portnoy and Marco Minnemann, guitar pics from Neal Morse, programs from all of them.
This is just the prog artists.....
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2020 at 07:41
I have autographed CDs from -
IZZ
Echolyn
Pendragon
Rick Wakeman
Lifesigns and probably others.

And from earlier this year I havevery nice Pendragon Love Over Fear hoodie, beanie, T-shirt and badges.
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2020 at 07:50
No.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2020 at 08:14
Lots of books---and a beautiful Tales tee shirt I have in a frame. Can be yours for 3K! lol.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2020 at 08:57
Yeah, I have a lot of autographed cds too. Here are the bands I have autographed cds by:

Djam Karet
Spock's Beard
Transatlantic
Alamaailman Vasarat
Underground Railroad
Porcupine Tree
Il Baletto Di Bronzo
Nektar
Banco
Echolyn
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Happy the Man
Earthworks (Bill Bruford's jazz band)
Spaced Out
Land of Chocolate
Anekdoten
Camel
Tempest (celtic rock band not the band with Allan Holdsworth)
Gentle Giant
Par Lindh Project
Miriodor
Nexus
Kevin Leonard (keyboard player from North Star)
Deus Ex Machina

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - September 06 2020 at 08:59
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2020 at 14:05
I have two Yes shirts and a Camel shirt, and TONS of progressive extreme tech metal band shirts. I want a GG shirt all the stuff on Ebay takes forever to ship!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Booba Kastorsky View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Booba Kastorsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2020 at 20:28
My biggest treasures are Yes TOur program, Yes Classic LP and the poster from Key of Acsention signed by Jon, Rick, Steve and Chris, and Six Wives LP signed by Rick. I was very lucky to catch their signing session in Boston when they promoted. Jon and Rick were very friendly and charming! Alas, I didn't have more stuff to sign then...
I also have the box YesYears and the book The Album Cover Album signed by Roger Dean on NEARFeast. 
I have just very few t-shirt that I don't wear too much, just on fests and live shows: Jethro Tull world tour with one-legged Ian on the front, Yes Fragile and Classic Tour. Hope I won't overgrow them: they are quite old already :) 

That Robert Fripp autograph is pretty cool! I read a story of how he hates giving autographs!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>