Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deep Purple vs Kansas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which band do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
42 [53.16%]
28 [35.44%]
8 [10.13%]
1 [1.27%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2020 at 06:10
I like Purple a lot

but

Kansas
Prog On!
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2020 at 07:02
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Deep Purple, pretty much enjoy everything about them more than Kansas, the guitar, the keys, the vocals, the tunes. The run of In Rock to Burn are landmarks in the development of Hard Rock and Metal.

This. Also, Made in Japan has got to be considered one of the ten greatest rock live albums of all time.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2020 at 07:13
Shocked while I consider 'child in time' one of the greatest songs ever written I  really love Deep Purple I`ll always vote kansas in these types of polls, for me this is a very close poll and a valid one I`m just thrilled Kansas are getting some votes knowing how popular Deep purple are. I'm really enjoying Kansas new album I play it three times a day I like it that much, so for me Kansas in my life at this stage are more relevant. Get Kansas new album it's a great listen and the songs really stick in your head. Tongue

I'd consider Kansas 'two for the show' as one of the best if not the best live album I've ever heard.

Edited by Enchant X - September 08 2020 at 07:26
TexasKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2020 at 01:50
Deep Purple by far.
And I dig 70's Kansas.

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2020 at 10:55
Deep Purple 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
grantman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2020 at 11:03
The difference between these bands is huge, it would be more better is to compare kansas to yes or more similiar bands.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2020 at 12:59
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Deep Purple, pretty much enjoy everything about them more than Kansas, the guitar, the keys, the vocals, the tunes. The run of In Rock to Burn are landmarks in the development of Hard Rock and Metal.

This. Also, Made in Japan has got to be considered one of the ten greatest rock live albums of all time.

Absolutely, it's in my top 5 all-time live albums and I consider it the definitive document of the band.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2020 at 14:25
Deep Purple all the way for me! No doubts
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2020 at 15:47
I've heard one or two songs by Kansas. It did not leave me very impressed. On the other hand I love the classic Mark 2 era Purple.
Blaqua View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 15:54
Both bands deserve praise and love by proggers. However, in terms of prog/psychedelic sound, Deep Purple’s overall discography from the 60s to present outdoes Kansas’s.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 16:11
Originally posted by digdug digdug wrote:

I like Purple a lot

but

Kansas
This sounds about right to me.
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 16:12
Deep Purple!
Norbert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 12:50
I like Deep Purple a lot, but I like Leftoverture and Point of Know Return more than anything by Deep Purple.
Lieutenant_Lan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lieutenant_Lan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 21:05
deep purple easily 
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2023 at 09:15
gentle bump! Smile
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2023 at 09:18
Kansas for me...
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2023 at 11:40
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

gentle bump! Smile

Birthday bumps! It's Kansas' 50th anniversary this year, but I'm making a Purpendicular vote for Ritchie Blackmore's band. Smile
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2023 at 12:13
Voted for both
Both bands had their ups and their downs.
Limited to their pre 80 years careers

Edited by mellotronwave - August 05 2023 at 14:36
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12