0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2020 at 10:43
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Guys, I need to apologize for not having voted yet. Unfortunately, for some odd reason I found it hard to connect with the songs - which are all excellent in their own different ways. It's just that my interest in music seems to have waned considerably in the past few months. I also find it hard to write about music, which is the main reason why I haven't commented on the songs. I hope to start participating again soon. In the meantime, thanks to everyone for their effortsClap!
  Hope you begin to feel better soon and that music will once again become a thing you find more enjoyable.  It's good to take a break from anything once in a while.
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2020 at 11:09
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Guys, I need to apologize for not having voted yet. Unfortunately, for some odd reason I found it hard to connect with the songs - which are all excellent in their own different ways. It's just that my interest in music seems to have waned considerably in the past few months. I also find it hard to write about music, which is the main reason why I haven't commented on the songs. I hope to start participating again soon. In the meantime, thanks to everyone for their effortsClap!
  Hope you begin to feel better soon and that music will once again become a thing you find more enjoyable.  It's good to take a break from anything once in a while.

Music is a method to maintain one's mental mean.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2020 at 11:34
While I often find music to be very therapeutic, and it can help me with emotional stability and to regulate one's moods, there are times that I need a break from it and so instead watch youtube videos of ridiculous so-called sovereign citizens and first amendment auditors getting arrested. It can cheer me up anyway.

Recently I wasn't enjoying music much, or forum life, and took a break from it. Good to have a wide variety of interests and activities, I find, and to try new things.

Edited by Logan - September 22 2020 at 11:35
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2020 at 09:21
Carlos Paredes, The Marvellettes, HP Lovecraft, and The Electric Prunes are on rank 5-8 (Lovecraft did quite a bit better at second listening than at first). I still have to make my mind up about which three of the first four will make it to the podium. Still in the race: Fairport Convention, Gino Paoli, Love, and Tom Dissevelt.

Edited by Lewian - September 23 2020 at 09:23
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2020 at 09:30
Fotheringay is a beautiful song that I like to listen to, however it doesn't feel quite as special as the other three, so I will rank it fourth.
The top 3 are, in no particular order:
Tom Dissevelt - extremely fresh and original. I knew such things were going on in Germany and the UK, didn't know about the Netherlands but need to explore that.
Gino Paoli - What an iconic moving song!
Love - This radiates so much fun and joy they must have had when recording this!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678