Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most popular prog bands among prog fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 01:59
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by Rick1 Rick1 wrote:

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

And that 30,000 was the High Voltage festival with lots of people there to see many different bands.

Were you there?  Even before you arrived on the festival site, it was clear ELP fans were out in force in the pubs and streets around the park.  I was part of a group for whom the prospect of seeing ELP made them decide to go.

I was there as well but certainly UFO , Asia, Steve Hackett and Opeth were also big reasons for people turning up. Was a nice day though and fantastic weather. Those were the days eh? Smile

edit - Asia were of course on Saturday . Argent were also on Sunday though Wink

I just went for the Sunday - because of ELP!  In the hotel we stayed at, the buzz was all about ELP - many fans having travelled far and wide.  I enjoyed Hackett enormously but the sound on the prog stage was too quiet!  It was nice to see him strolling through the crowd with his partner afterwards.  I caught Opeth as well but I now call them 'Opeless.  Yes, it was a great day.
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 23:41
Originally posted by The Anders The Anders wrote:

What is "real prog fans"?
THat was also my question ! Wink

Maybe, "real prog fans" means "people who like bands from the 70's and "modern" artits who imitate Yes and Genesis for example.

So I think that I am not in this category because I mainly like modern bands which play crossover progressive rock/metal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123