Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post a youtube clip of one song per post...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2022 at 14:12
NOt sure that she's well known great folk pop song..

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2022 at 05:08
The vocal prodigy Dimash does it again!!!

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2022 at 12:01
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2022 at 15:44
The whole album was an excellent discovery for me (have suggested it to PA but at least for now it is not here).

Den Der Hale - "Ant Mill" (off the album Harsyra, 2021)

Just a fanboy passin' through.
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2022 at 18:17
Off the latest playlist that Amazon created for me, this one stands out.

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2022 at 12:59
I'm rather obsessed with Cocteau Twins at the moment, and have been playing Leaving Las Vegas a lot. "I Wear Your Ring" has been my traditional favourite from that album but Pitch the Baby gets me going (pitching the baby sounds like quite a horrible thing to do be it baseball or camping, but then I was never a throw the baby out with the bathwater kind of father either).

Just a fanboy passin' through.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2022 at 18:16
Here's a little known Dutch band called Aemen, who were described back in the day as playing a fresh and very compelling mix of guitar rock of the nineties mixed with sounds of the sixties. Melodic alternative/prog rock with the occasional symphonic touch here and there.

Their 1997 debut album 'The Day The Angels Cried' was recorded in RS29 in Waalwijk, and produced by Oscar Holleman (Within Temptation, Ayreon, The Gathering, etc.). A wide range of instruments were employed such as guitars, keys, saxophone, didgeridoo, sitar, conga’s and even a choir - which give this album a quite lavish production overall. This was a concept album, the title of which refers to a dramatic event that took place in a little Scottish town named Dunblane in March 1996, during which sixteen children lost their lives. A single of the same name was released in memory of this tragedy.

Aemen is not only the band’s name, but also the name of an imaginary child who lives in her own dreamworld, and her fantasies about life, nature and death are a source of inspiration for the lyrics on the album. 

A second album called 'Fooly Dressed' was released in 2002, which was again recorded at RS29. Stephen van Haestregt (Within Temptation) was responsible for the production. The songwriting and arrangements had become even more sophisticated and mature, and the album featured a string orchestra and divers acoustic instruments. The theme of the album was about the world and its transience, a theme that is still very topical today. There were guest contributions from Fay Lovsky, Marc van Daal (on Uilleann Pipes) and Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation).

On December 18, 2004, AEMEN gave a farewell concert at W2 Poppodium in the city of 's-Hertogenbosch, which was recorded for a live DVD 'Live is a Magic Theatre', containing 13 live songs, some bonus tracks, a live CD and many extras - featuring guest musicians as Sharon den Adel, Jan Terpstra and more. It was released in 2006.

After a silence of 14 years, the members of Aemen picked up their instruments again in 2020. "It was special to make plans and to practice together again". "For the record, we never broke up; we just took a 14-year vacation".

There are a few odd references to Aemen in old threads on here relating to bands that use a violin, and a band of the same name was rejected 10 or 11 years ago by the prog metal team, though if it's the same band, how they ended up being evaluated there is beyond me, since I can't personally hear a scrap of metal in their music!

Excellent band imho, and both albums are on YouTube (as TuneCore-supplied playlists) if anyone wants to check them out further. Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2022 at 06:57
A friend sent me this link recently. Fun performance!

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2022 at 13:35
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2023 at 01:51
One of Michael Jackson's obscurest works, I think. Made for and appeared in the 3-D film entitled Captain EO. Never took place in any of MJ's albums till Michael Jackson: The Ultimate Collection box set in 2004. 

Fantastic tune IMO.

Edited by Archisorcerus - January 12 2023 at 02:00
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2023 at 07:44
Guilty pleasure for 2023.

Hanabie - Pardon Me, I Have to Go Now

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2023 at 04:36
Now for something more somber.

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2023 at 05:26
[QUOTE=mathman0806]Now for something more somber.

And now for something more sombrero. Tongue

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - January 24 2023 at 05:27
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2023 at 05:26
One of the most mystically emotive songs you can ever hear.

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2023 at 05:33
Originally posted by Archisorcerus Archisorcerus wrote:

One of the most mystically emotive songs you can ever hear.

excellent band Thumbs Up
I see your Falconer and i raise you this Tongue

Edited by Cristi - January 26 2023 at 05:33
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2023 at 06:07
^ Huh, thanks. Nice tune but too repetitive.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 22:09
Noveller is a solo project from guitarist/composer and film maker Sarah Lipstate. This track is from her 2015 album, The Fantastic Planet.

"Into the Dunes"

The entire album is rather fantastic.

Edited by mathman0806 - February 08 2023 at 18:54
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2023 at 09:25
As I recall, Greg (Logan) created the "prog" version of this thread also; alas, I fail to find it.

Anyways...

The only "djenty" prog metal stuff I could like. They later changed/abbreviated the band name to Paralydium and released a full-length album entitled Worlds Beyond; it was pretty cool too. They are not an outright djent band, yet they utilise some of its musical elements.

Edited by Archisorcerus - January 30 2023 at 09:30
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2023 at 10:19
Originally posted by Archisorcerus Archisorcerus wrote:

As I recall, Greg (Logan) created the "prog" version of this thread also; alas, I fail to find it.

Anyways...

The only "djenty" prog metal stuff I could like. They later changed/abbreviated the band name to Paralydium and released a full-length album entitled Worlds Beyond; it was pretty cool too. They are not an outright djent band, yet they utilise some of its musical elements.

Good song, not that djenty. 
 I've listened to Paralydium - Worlds Beyond (2020), good album. Thumbs Up
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2023 at 10:32
^ That's why I could like it. Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>