Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [45.45%]
6 [54.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lana del Rey or Billy Eilish
    Posted: February 04 2023 at 13:04
When i often think of modern day topp popular music, i cringe and i am not feeling it, though there is exceptions, i'm not all ignorant pop music of today but fairly useless on current music quizes. The exception is Lana Del Rey Billie Eilish, Tame Impala and Riannah i love all four.

But on this poll i focus on Lana and Billie, whom are top notch (Here is Billi co-oped with a brother), but Billie Eilish is highly respected in general. So is Lana del Ray, her music gives me goosebumps, wich always is a quality sign. I dont listek to either often, but remembers to chech in now and then too look keewl. And sometimes to keep me updated on current sounds.

So is it Lana or Billie forcyou

Edited by Icarium - February 04 2023 at 13:07
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2023 at 13:10
Love both but I think Billie Eilish is the most interesting and has the biggest potential. Her latest Guitar Songs EP is amazing (and so is Lana's new song Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd).
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2023 at 13:16
Lana del Rey - three CD albums in my collection
Billie Ellish - never heard of him before

An obvious choice then, at least for me. Smile
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2023 at 13:18
^^ Nice post, i dont want comparisons but nicecanalytical posts is wonderfull. Cherrish the wobderfull female sobg writers whom show innovative writing and arrangement abiøities, im all for.

Edited by Icarium - February 04 2023 at 13:18
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2023 at 13:47
Not my cupS of tea
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2023 at 13:56
Lana del Rey
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2023 at 14:00
Billie
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2023 at 22:48
Billie Eilish for me. I loved Lana when I was in college, but her monotone vocal drawl really wore off me over time. But in the few albums Eilish has released, I hear an extremely promising musical talent - especially in her newest album Happier Than Ever. Plus, the versatile songwriting duo of her and her brother Finneas... they've proven to be incredibly adept at several different styles, whether it be electropop, folk, alternative rock, jazz-pop, and the plethora of other genres Eilish has successfully explored up to this point Smile
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2023 at 02:29
Only vaguely heard of both, if they happen to have been mentioned in the news.... last summer, I was chided by my sister when I referred to Billie Irish when she asked me if I watched their Glastonbury set... Embarrassed 

Told her I've never watched a full Glastonbury set in my entire life, even when Metallica headlined about 10 years ago (think I managed 2 songs from their Black album before I lost the will to live) ....

Edited by Jared - February 05 2023 at 02:32
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2024 at 07:54
Hehe, stumbled upon this one again and I hadn't voted yet. Only five votes until I added mine (for Billie, who is a she, Paul ;). Interesting pop artists, but only in small doses (because it is otherwise much of the same...).

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2024 at 08:27
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

Love both but I think Billie Eilish is the most interesting and has the biggest potential. Her latest Guitar Songs EP is amazing (and so is Lana's new song Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd).
Actually the whole Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd-album was really something special. My admiration for Lana has only grown since I wrote my comment from about a year ago. Still I expect even greater things from Billie/Finneas in the near future. Talents like theirs combined is rare. 
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2024 at 08:42
Lana Del Ray Smile
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2024 at 13:10
Surely Lana del Rey has to be the more interesting artist and image of these two.
The Billie Eilish hype is quite strange, never got into it.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2024 at 13:37
Billie won an academy award for best original song of 2024. I wouldn't call that hype. I quite like the song.

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - March 23 2024 at 13:38
Zeph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2024 at 16:00
I don’t listen to either, but know a little about the Eilish sound. I had no idea what del Rey sounded like and had to sample a few on Spotify. If those are representative, I’ll have to vote for Eilish. She’s got more original and interesting stuff happening in the music. Del Rey came across as a contemporary-pretty-voice-pop. It’s nice enough, but not engaging for me.

My experience with contemporary popular music is very limited. Aurora is one of the few exceptions since her music has a lot of elements that I care for. Susanne Sundfør might partly fit in there, but she moves more outside the pop box, while still having songs that could fit in any playlist of these days.

Edited by Zeph - March 23 2024 at 16:00
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2024 at 17:10
None sorry
"Mellotron is to progrock what watercolor is to painting. Diaphanous and mesmerizing"
 Post Reply Post Reply