Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Republican Thunderdome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Republican Thunderdome
    Posted: February 08 2023 at 14:08
Figured I start a thread now since the next two years are gonna be whack !!!
Post your thoughts on the R's eating themselves alive. They wanted civil war, they got it...within their own house.

Read on !

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2023 at 16:56
Considering the depth of Republican criminality and corruption, I wouldn't count on this somehow signaling they are "eating themselves alive"... not yet.   The far Right will do anything if they think they're losing.   Especially if they think they're losing their credibility over the long term, which of course they are.

Ultimately it's who people vote for---  you can't subvert an election without getting some pesky attention as a Fascist criminal.   If New Yorkers vote for a George Santos, they get a George Santos.   If Arkansans vote for a  Sarah Huckabee they get a Sarah Huckabee.   If the country votes Trump back in or gives DeSantis "a chance", then that's who we're stuck with for four years.

Edited by Atavachron - February 08 2023 at 16:58
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2023 at 04:36
I thought it was hilarious how Biden got the Republicans to take social security off the chopping block during the state of the union address. And he did it with such ease. Pretty good for an old coot. Nonetheless, I'm sure they won't give up on that, but it won't look in good in the press now that they're "publicly committed."

But yeah, you're right. Americans get what they deserve if they keep voting in clowns (and dangerous ones I might add) like Santos, Green, Boebert, Gaetz, Gosar, DeSantis, and trump.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2023 at 08:34
^And T***p is so desperate to get re-elected to avoid the inevitable onslaught of legal peril that he will torch anyone who stands in his way. I'm happy to have a front row seat for that.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2023 at 10:49
This Guardian article seems to me quite a good assessment of the state of the Republican party nowadays and thus where the US of A are heading...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2023 at 11:12
Thanks for sharing Kees. Can't disagree withe writer's assessment. I find it scary with the direction of the Republican Party. Moreover, combating these tactics could well undermine Democrats as well in the process. The deterioration of democratic principles because of the "win at all cost" mentality is frightening.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2023 at 13:29
Republicans have been a W.A.A.C. party since Nixon but it's gotten worse as they see their once firm majority continue to dissolve.   It must be hard for sociopathic criminals to lose elections.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 06:57
WOW, last night's debate was full of the GOP eating there own. More like a bunch of squabbling kids than legislators. With the Great Pumpkin so far in the lead, why do they even bother? It's such an obvious fund raising exercise, or maybe audition for a place in Stinky Don's cabinet.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 10:35
^I would think auditions. You're brave for watching it. My brain can't handle this stuff anymore. This may turn out to be a pivotal election in history because if trump gets in there again, it will change the U.S. in ways that I think are quite scary for not just those of us living here, but for most of the world. They have a manifesto and it's called Project 2025. I don't like the looks of this at all.
----------
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 12:29
I'm more interested in if UFOs are real...
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 14:32
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I'm more interested in if UFOs are real...

It certainly is a fascinating subject. Something I'd like to dig into a little deeper when I have more free time.
----------
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 15:24
Oh they're real, but I suspect nothing is alien about them.   Most likely secret tech no one wants to share.   Hopefully it is in the hands of friendly governments and not some global criminal network.  

Edited by Atavachron - September 28 2023 at 15:24
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 15:59
^If that's the case, it's not just secret tech, but new physics too. I understand some of these craft are capable of accelerating from anywhere between 100g to over 5000g without a sonic boom. Or going from 28,000 feet in the air down to sea level in under a second without really causing much disturbance to the sea below it when it stopped. 
----------
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 16:06
^ Or old physics dating back to the end of WWII related to the secret work of German scientists.  Just conjecture of course, but the timing of the first mass UFO sightings being the late-1940s makes sense.

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 16:15
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Oh they're real, but I suspect nothing is alien about them.   Most likely secret tech no one wants to share.   Hopefully it is in the hands of friendly governments and not some global criminal network.  

So you think that out of the millions of stars and galaxies in the universe we are alone? No other intelligent life is out there? That's pretty unlikely imo.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 16:29
^ No, I think out of the millions of stars and galaxies in the universe the likelihood of another intelligent & animated species running into each other is tiny.   That may be one reason the place is so big, to avoid encounter.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 16:58
^Well, that's just it. They aren't "running into" us. They are just spying on us. Wink
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 17:02
You believe extra-Earth beings with craft have been invading airspace, baiting jets & nuclear facilities, and buzzing Navy ships for the past 70 years... why?   For fun?   At this point that seems increasingly unlikely and bizarre.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 18:20
What's hard to believe is they travel millions of miles, light years possibly and then crash on earth?? Confused As well the further/deeper you go into the galaxy and stars, essentially you are looking into the past...So where are they coming from with spacecraft that can do that from the past?

Also I'd like to know if they fart and what does it smell like.....Nuke

I could give a rats a$S who gets into the White House, they are all absolute morons, its a loose loose scenario. UFOs are what's important.

Edited by Catcher10 - September 28 2023 at 18:22
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 18:33
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

You believe extra-Earth beings with craft have been invading airspace, baiting jets & nuclear facilities, and buzzing Navy ships for the past 70 years... why?   For fun?   At this point that seems increasingly unlikely and bizarre.

I don't know what their reason is. You'll have to ask them. Imo, the UFOs or UAPs (as the military calls them) aren't from this world. Maybe they are from another dimension or from underground or underwater but I don't think anything that this world is currently capable of can move that fast or do those things. Go to youtube and look up navy ufos or "pentagon declassifies navy UFO videos." If you still think they are some kind of secret military aircraft then fine but why would the navy pilots not know about it or be in on it? That makes no sense. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - September 28 2023 at 18:34
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>