The Republican Thunderdome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Republican Thunderdome
    Posted: May 10 2024 at 21:21
^ Her.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2024 at 21:18
Maybe he should check for brain eating worms.

Edited by Hugh Manatee - May 10 2024 at 22:21
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2024 at 14:53
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

I was curious what my fellow PA member's opinions were. 

I think you're here just to deliberately bait people. I don't think you're interested in any of our opinions. You're more interested in arguing and showing off. You're a troll.
Troll for sure, never has lifted a finger for the site either. So many good people here are working hard to build up a useful internet resource, and then there are those who are just looking for a free ride and even try to bait those who do the work.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2024 at 12:33

I was curious what my fellow PA member's opinions were. 

I think you're here just to deliberately bait people. I don't think you're interested in any of our opinions. You're more interested in arguing and showing off. You're a troll.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2024 at 10:33
GOP thinks about impeaching Biden.  

Does the GOP want to impeach Biden for encouraging an invasion of millions of illegal aliens into the USA?  Nope. 

Does the GOP want to impeach Biden for the Hunter Laptop corruption evidence?  Nope.  

Does the GOP want to impeach Biden for taking bribes from Romania, Ukraine, China, and the ex-wife of Moscow's mayor?  No. no, no...

The GOP wants to impeach Biden for considering cutting off weapons and bombs to Israel's genocide of Palestinian women, men, and children.

I'm anti-war. Under Biden, inflation exploded. Biden gave hundreds of billions of dollars to Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan.  Biden claimed, " The COVID-19 vaccine is totally safe and if you take it you cannot get COVID."

Of all the things the Republicans could impeach Biden for...The Republicans choose one of the few non-Alzheimer positive thoughts Biden has...slow down a genocide holocaust. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-choice-impeach-biden-over-145043756.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Edited by omphaloskepsis - May 10 2024 at 10:34
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 14:15

Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

This one. And you know damn well what I'm talking about, you just ran out of arguments.
Could you please copy and paste what response/reality is upsetting me?

Isn't that what I did? Yes it is! Ermm

Edit: or maybe the link to a previous post wasn't clear enough for you... I could quote it (copy/past it), but a link should be enough, no?

Edited by suitkees - May 09 2024 at 14:18

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 14:04
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Hey, it's just one big "Uniparty"... according to Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Margie?   Are you here?   Did you join a prog website to harass anyone who sees through the psychosis of the right-wing?   

Welcome anyway, I'd rather you be here than following & pestering kids who were in a mass shooting.   We could use you're kind of moxie here !

The Breitbart/Steve Bannon sheep are just following their masters.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 14:03

This one. And you know damn well what I'm talking about, you just ran out of arguments.

Could you please copy and paste what response/reality is upsetting me?  I don't know what you're talking about. Be specific. As long as you respond in generalities and vague opinions about arguments that I have not made...with the exception that I speculate that whoever wins the most swing states in 2024...becomes our next President.  However, that is not an argument. It's just my opinion. 

I don't feel upset.  I have not stated an argument.  I posted a law. I posted links to polls.  I asked questions.Wink

Let me make an argument...My argument is that I did not make an argument.  However, what follows is an argument. 

I posted a factual law.  That is not an argument.  It's a statement of the current reality of American law. If you believe it's an argument.  Please explain how. 

I posted links to polls.  That is not an argument.  If you disagree with the poll...feel free to post your own polls.

I asked questions.  Questions are not arguments.  If you believe questions are arguments...please provide proof and your explanation on how a question is an argument.  Please provide specific answers, examples with explanations, or something more lucid than "This One".   I provided specific polls, questions, and a law. Please don't be vague.Wink

Edited by omphaloskepsis - May 09 2024 at 14:04
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 13:38

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 13:33

Please answer the question, that I asked.

I replied to the question you asked "Specifically, what are my hypotheses/speculations?" by showing them.

I understand you want to drag us into you delusional theories, but that's not how I work: I'm just deconstructing your logic (or maybe I should say your lack thereof...). You can bring in many other topics, but they will not answer the question at hand: the law regarding voting rights of illegal aliens. It has been addressed above; you don't like the response/reality so you try to drag things into other territories: the by now classic strategy of conspiracy theorists and extremists. You've become very transparent in that respect.

What "response/reality" do I not like?  Please explain, because I don't understand what you are talking about.Wink

suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 13:10

Please answer the question, that I asked.

I replied to the question you asked "Specifically, what are my hypotheses/speculations?" by showing them.

I understand you want to drag us into you delusional theories, but that's not how I work: I'm just deconstructing your logic (or maybe I should say your lack thereof...). You can bring in many other topics, but they will not answer the question at hand: the law regarding voting rights of illegal aliens. It has been addressed above; you don't like the response/reality so you try to drag things into other territories: the by now classic strategy of conspiracy theorists and extremists. You've become very transparent in that respect.

Edited by suitkees - May 09 2024 at 13:17

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 12:57
Hey, it's just one big "Uniparty"... according to Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Margie?   Are you here?   Did you join a prog website to harass anyone who sees through the psychosis of the right-wing?   

Welcome anyway, I'd rather you be here than following & pestering kids who were in a mass shooting.   We could use you're kind of moxie here !

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 12:50

You speak in the plural form of my hypotheses.  Specifically, what are my hypotheses/speculations? 

If two million illegals vote for Biden and Trump loses by less than 100,000 votes...Are you OK with the illegal votes counting for Biden?   If Trump takes this law to court...in your opinion, should the illegal votes count or not?   If Trump becomes the next President of the USA IF the court overturns the illegal votes would you be for the illegal's votes counting?

QED

Please answer the question, that I asked.  It's a Yes/No question?  Should illegal's votes count...if that's the only way that Biden can defeat Trump?

I ask this question because all the swing states went for Biden in 2020.  You live in France. In America, we use the Electoral College system.   Please don't think that is a hypothesis or conspiracy theory.  It's true. Wink

I speculate ( Yes, you can accuse me of this speculation)...I speculate that the Presidential candidate (Trump/Biden) who wins the most swing states...wins the 2024 election.Smile  

The Washington Post found that the 2020 winner would have changed by flipping just over 81,000 votes in four states (Arizona, Nevada, Wisconsin and Georgia).

What is the current state of the swing states?  Well, it depends on which media outlet you use.  
Here is a recent, fairly balanced article on the Swing State situation...

https://www.axios.com/2024/05/06/biden-trump-election-swing-states

And a recent state-by-state Presidential election poll...

https://www.270towin.com/2024-presidential-election-polls/

Edited by omphaloskepsis - May 09 2024 at 13:02
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 12:14

You speak in the plural form of my hypotheses.  Specifically, what are my hypotheses/speculations? 

If two million illegals vote for Biden and Trump loses by less than 100,000 votes...Are you OK with the illegal votes counting for Biden?   If Trump takes this law to court...in your opinion, should the illegal votes count or not?   If Trump becomes the next President of the USA IF the court overturns the illegal votes would you be for the illegal's votes counting?

QED

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 12:06

^ Oh, you're funny. Someone shows you the "bottom line" of the law you asked for but then you deflect with a series of hypothetical statements: 4 in total. If, if, if, if... I'm waiting for "solid evidence with statistics for these", because your hypotheses are based on nothing but speculations put forward by the typical far-right extremists narrative and ideologies. Just for once admit that you're one of them.

I'm glad you find humor in my posts! Clap

The law is the law.  I was curious what my fellow PA member's opinions were. What's wrong with that?  The PA site thrives on facts combined with opinions.   Facts?  Who is in the band?  Opinions? Album ratings. 

I quoted a law.  How is that a hypothesis?  I asked questions.  How are my questions hypotheses? Wink

suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 11:37
^ Oh, you're funny. Someone shows you the "bottom line" of the law you asked for but then you deflect with a series of hypothetical statements: 4 in total. If, if, if, if... I'm waiting for "solid evidence with statistics for these", because your hypotheses are based on nothing but speculations put forward by the typical far-right extremists narrative and ideologies. Just for once admit that you're one of them.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2024 at 11:01
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

What's the bottom line on the law?   How the courts rule on the law...if there is a flood of illegal votes. 
§611. Voting by aliens
Effective Date of 2000 Amendment

611has been on the books in one form or another since June 25, 1948, and the most recent Amendment was effective as of 2000.  So, the law has been in its present form for 24 years. To date, there has been no flood of aliens voting. The fact is, voter fraud is extremely rare (far less than a percentage point). And in those cases where voter fraud is actually confirmed, the chance of said fraudulent voter being a white Republican is far greater than all other designations, parties or peoples. And I'm not even counting the fake Republican electors who are in the process of being prosecuted. 

Please prove your claim that "the chance of said fraudulent voter being a white Republican is far greater than all other designations, parties or peoples."  is true.  I'm waiting for solid evidence with statistics...because your claim infers stats to support your claim.Wink

Edited by omphaloskepsis - May 09 2024 at 11:02
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2024 at 19:35
^ Hear, hear.

It is becoming much more clear that the vast majority of immigrants not only don't fraudulently vote, they are largely law-abiding people who are just glad to be here.

The right-wing is a sick, demented, unethical, anti-human group of people who are so desperate that they've convinced themselves it's better to lie, cheat & steal.   Their days are numbered in this country, and shame on anyone who continues to support this sociopathic movement.

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2024 at 17:58

What's the bottom line on the law?   How the courts rule on the law...if there is a flood of illegal votes. 
§611. Voting by aliens
Effective Date of 2000 Amendment

611has been on the books in one form or another since June 25, 1948, and the most recent Amendment was effective as of 2000.  So, the law has been in its present form for 24 years. To date, there has been no flood of aliens voting. The fact is, voter fraud is extremely rare (far less than a percentage point). And in those cases where voter fraud is actually confirmed, the chance of said fraudulent voter being a white Republican is far greater than all other designations, parties or peoples. And I'm not even counting the fake Republican electors who are in the process of being prosecuted. 
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2024 at 10:00

^ Yes, but you know that reading and understanding legal texts is not the conspiracy theorist's forte...

We know by now that Marjorie Taylor Greene is a Putin apologist, but the fascist tendencies in the GOP really seem to take over... When do "moderate" Republicans stand up against that?

I'm not the court.  My fellow PA members are not the courts. Time will tell. The courts will tell us.

If I was Trump...I would choose Tulsi Gabbard as my running mate.  Gabbard is a vet.  Gabbard gabs like a bard. She balances liberal and conservative values.  I'd like to see an all-female vice presidential debate. Gabbart vs Harris.Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>