Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beardfish are Back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beardfish are Back
    Posted: September 23 2023 at 13:02
Not much detail or whether it's only for the festival, but they're back. Best news in ages for me and fingers crossed for some new music in the future.

Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 13:04
Good. Maybe now they can reissue some of their older albums that seem to be out of print.
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 13:45
Good news :-) Thanks
Disconnect View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disconnect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 14:56
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Good. Maybe now they can reissue some of their older albums that seem to be out of print.

^ this

Also one of the best live bands I've seen.  Saw them back in 2012 at Orion Studios in Baltimore....along with about a dozen other fortunate folks.  They opened with 'Sleeping In Traffic'.....the entire 35 minutes.  I was sitting on a folding metal chair about 6 feet in front of Rikard.  Top 5 live performance of all time for me.
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 15:16

Agreed. I have The Void and +4626 Comfortzone on vinyl, but only Sleeping in Traffic Pts1 and 2 and Destined Solitaire on CD. For me they can release everything on vinyl - I'd grab it all (especially Från En Plats Du Ej Kan Se and The Sane Day)  Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 15:48
^I only have +4626 Comfortzone and Destined Solitaire. I prefer the first one since I don't think DS is that good.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 15:52
Originally posted by Disconnect Disconnect wrote:

^ this

Also one of the best live bands I've seen.  Saw them back in 2012 at Orion Studios in Baltimore....along with about a dozen other fortunate folks.  They opened with 'Sleeping In Traffic'.....the entire 35 minutes.  I was sitting on a folding metal chair about 6 feet in front of Rikard.  Top 5 live performance of all time for me.

I saw them also but that was way back when they played at Progday in 2006 I think. 
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 22:06
Good news.Wondered if Rikard would get bored with his stint with Big Big Train.

Don't know what the disrespect for Destined Solitaire is all about: I personally think it one of the best albums of the Naughties! And definitely my favorite Beardfish album.

Heard they're amazing in concert (even from other prog band members!)

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2023 at 01:03
Good news! Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2023 at 01:05
That's good news indeed, I'm looking forward to listening to new music from them. Smile
shanocles View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanocles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 05:55
I was wondering when this might happen. Can't keep a good band down!
I have all their albums - fantastic prog. not trying to copy anyone. can't wait to see what magic comes out of it.
Destined solitaire is my #1, Sleeping in traffic 2 next and Mammoth is frikkin awesome!Smile
if left is wrong i don't wanna be right...
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2024 at 13:32
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2024 at 15:08
Good news, thanks
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2024 at 16:08
So Beardfish reforms, Portnoy is back with DT. What's next? Oasis reunion? xd
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
 Post Reply Post Reply