Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

#s 11-14 Top Prog Albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which of these is your favorite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [7.14%]
13 [30.95%]
15 [35.71%]
11 [26.19%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2023 at 04:05
KC. It may sound strange, but I don't like Genesis
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2023 at 04:10
It may sound strange, but I have more Van der Graaf Generator albums than Mostly Autumn albums. Geek
VianaProghead View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VianaProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2023 at 05:02
I love all, but finally a vote to Godbluff.
"PROG IS MY FERRARI".
Jem Godfrey (Frost*)
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2023 at 11:13
Nursery Cryme gets the nod. 
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2023 at 11:18
Godbluff, Nursery Cryme is the weakest of the lot. Still a masterpiece though
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
xhouse View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2023 at 11:31
Interesting that the #11 rated album (top ranked of these four) is coming in last in this poll. I voted Pawn Hearts.
Between Thought and Expression Lies True Perception
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2023 at 12:38
Originally posted by xhouse xhouse wrote:

Interesting that the #11 rated album (top ranked of these four) is coming in last in this poll. I voted Pawn Hearts.

I'm inclined to believe that true fans of VdGG prefer Pawn Hearts over Godbluff. In this poll, the selections are mutually exclusive, so it represents a preference between the four choices, and a preference between the two VdGG choices for those who prefer VdGG over the others. By contrast, the PA rank and ratings are independent of each other. That is, people's rating of Pawn Hearts does not affect people's rating of Godbluff (there is no choosing between these albums). Pawn Hearts is generally considered to be a difficult album, so it is mainly the VdGG fans who love this album and rate it highly, whereas Godbluff is much easier for the average prog fan, and would thus receive a higher rating overall by prog fans who are not necessarily VdGG fans. In other words, the PA rank and ratings is not representative of VdGG fans, whereas this poll is more representative of VdGG fans.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Euclid View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euclid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2023 at 07:16
NC
Hector Enrique View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hector Enrique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2023 at 17:05
1. Genesis - Nursery Cryme
2. VDGG - Pawn Hearts
3. VDGG - Goodbluff
4. King Crimson - Lark´s Tongues in Aspic
Héctor Enrique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12