Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Write some blurbs at AwesomeProg!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2023 at 10:38
^ yes, it was me who said that we SHOULD be polite here. But sometimes I just can’t help myself - if excrement is flung at me, I fling it right back

Anyways, thanks for the feedback!
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2023 at 10:56
I could write some blurbs, but do you accept those with less than a B rating? Most of the reviews and blurbs on your site are A or B. Over-rated imo.

And I'm not a wordsmith like your current reviewers.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2023 at 10:58
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

^ BUT I'm thinking about introducing specific prog genres again, including Neo-Prog, and retiring the "modern" and "neo" tags, since they carry little value and/or can be misleading depending on the genre they get attached to.

But neo-prog refers to a specific subgenre and sound. Smile 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2023 at 11:04
^ yes, that’s why it might make sense to have “neo-prog” as a genre tag. Which btw is a bad fit for Subsignal imho. They don’t really fit in that niche.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2023 at 11:07

^ yes, that’s why it might make sense to have “neo-prog” as a genre tag. Which btw is a bad fit for Subsignal imho. They don’t really fit in that niche.

It is a genre tag. 
Subsignal is not neo-prog, I agree and said it several times. People either don't know the band or don't care about the correct genre tag for the band. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2023 at 11:10
You’re welcome to blurb anything, it doesn’t need to be positive - but it should be your honest opinion. There is no filter that only picks favorable ratings. I think that people generally tend to put in the effort to write or even rate/tag something preferably for stuff they like, that’s why favorable feedback will usually be overrepresented.

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2023 at 11:11

You’re welcome to blurb anything, it doesn’t need to be positive - but it should be your honest opinion. There is no filter that only picks favorable ratings. I think that people generally tend to put in the effort to write or even rate/tag something preferably for stuff they like, that’s why favorable feedback will usually be overrepresented.

Maybe, I still struggle to navigate AP. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2023 at 11:14
^ Yes, it’s still too complicated. Working on that …
tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 17:32
The website does not load for me.
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2023 at 05:42
^ Please check again - I've been making frequent updates the last couple of days, but things should be stable now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12