Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Steve Hackett album!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Steve Hackett album!!
    Posted: November 16 2023 at 18:24

https://www.hackettsongs.com/news/album-steve-hackett-the-circus-and-the-nightwhale.html

"Legendary rock guitarist Steve Hackett will release his new studio album 'The Circus And The Nightwhale' on 16th February 2024, via InsideOut Music. A rite-of-passage concept album with a young character called Travla at the centre of it, 'The Circus And The Nightwhale's' 13 tracks have an autobiographical angle for the musician who says about his 30th solo release: "I love this album. It says the things I've been wanting to say for a very long time."

'The Circus And The Nightwhale' is Steve's first new music in over two years. It follows the beautiful acoustic LP 'Under A Mediterranean Sky' from January 2021 - which rose to No 2 in the UK Classical chart - and, in September of that year, his metallic masterpiece Surrender Of Silence, which hit the UK Top 40. His 2023 live album, 'Foxtrot At Fifty + Hackett Highlights: Live in Brighton', reached No 2 in the Rock & Metal Chart. Steve's new LP promises ballads, blues, blistering progressive rock... and healthy measures of theatre and fantasia.

Recorded between tours in 2022 and 2023 at Siren studio in the UK - with guest parts beamed in from Sweden, Austria, the US, Azerbaijan and Denmark, the line-up for 'The Circus And The Nightwhale' includes some familiar faces alongside Steve on electric and acoustic guitars, 12-string, mandolin, harmonica, percussion, bass and vocals. Roger King (keyboards, programming and orchestral arrangements), Rob Townsend (sax), Jonas Reingold (bass), Nad Sylvan (vocals), Craig Blundell (drums) and Amanda Lehmann on vocals. Nick D'Virgilio and Hugo Degenhardt return as guests on the drumstool, engineer extraordinaire Benedict Fenner appears on keyboards and Malik Mansurov is back with the tar. Finally, Steve's brother John Hackett is present once more on flute.

The new album will be available to pre-order from the 1st December 2023 on several different formats, including a Limited CD+Blu-ray mediabook (including 5.1 Surround Sound & 24bit high resolution stereo mixes), Standard CD Jewelcase, Gatefold 180g Vinyl LP & as Digital Album. All feature the stunning cover painting by Denise Marsh."

It seems our man Steve Hackett is blessing us with a Christmas Gift! I'm very excited, thoughts?
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2023 at 19:19
Love recent Steve Hackett albums, purchased Surrender Of Silence on LP and will likely do the same for this.

Steve Hackett album - The Circus And The Nightwhale
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2023 at 05:47
Amazing news. I just saw Steve Hackett last night here in San Diego. An amazing concert and experience. One of the best shows of the year for me, if not the best.
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2023 at 06:46
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Love recent Steve Hackett albums, purchased Surrender Of Silence on LP and will likely do the same for this.

Steve Hackett album - The Circus And The Nightwhale

I like that artwork. I will be preordering the CD. Smile
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2023 at 10:59
Fantastic!Clap

Does this man never rest?? Wink

Post Reply Post Reply