Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PA Release Polls: Open to all PA members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2024 at 02:05
^ Thanks for giving the tiered rating a try, I definitely find it enjoyable to put my favorite releases into tiers simply because it allows me to reflect on which ones I really like the most in a sort of gamified way. Would love to do it with drag-and-drop on the release covers, working on that ...
Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2024 at 11:05
I didn't spend enough time on new releases in January but I love the Nake album. Others have already hyped Ilion.

My ranked favorites of Jan 2024 1. Nake - Nake [AP Prog] [BC] 2. Slift - Ilion [BC] [SPO] Counting Info

You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2024 at 12:40
It's in at the site already, here it is in plan text.

My ranked faves of January, 2024.

1. Tapir! - The Pilgrim, Their God and the King of My Decrepit Mountain (this really impressed me)
2. The Smile - Wall of Eyes
3. Glass Beach - Plastic Death

MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2024 at 15:12
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2024 at 15:21
To those of you with AP accounts: I'll make some update in the next couple of days which will make it easier to handle the two list modes. Also, I'll enhance the forum export so that ratings (or rather, tiers) and/or blurbs will be shown with the releases. So if you want to add a one-liner to your list for each release, just write the blurbs and they'll soon appear with the lists.

Edited by MikeEnRegalia - February 08 2024 at 15:24
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2024 at 18:41
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

To those of you with AP accounts: I'll make some update in the next couple of days which will make it easier to handle the two list modes. Also, I'll enhance the forum export so that ratings (or rather, tiers) and/or blurbs will be shown with the releases. So if you want to add a one-liner to your list for each release, just write the blurbs and they'll soon appear with the lists.

I like the blurb idea, will we put them in here and they'll be imported (like when we copy the code and add them in here?), or will the blurb entry spot be on the site itself?  Or, maybe you'll let us know when you make that possible.  My main point is that I like the idea!  
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 05:18
^ Hi! Regarding the blurbs, you just write them at AP for your favorite releases whenever you feel like it. With each release there is a feedback button which opens an editing panel, there you can enter the blurb (among other things). It will then be included in the lists at AP as well as the forum exports to PA.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 05:20
And after some time of absence (other things got in the way) there's a new feature:

Registered AP users can now submit their lists at AP once they have submitted one list here in the forum. The system remembers the association established by the initial list post. This makes it much easier to edit your lists. Let me know if you have any questions! 

EDIT: The lists you post as a registered AP user are now also used both at AP (on the "polls" page in the nav) as well as in the PA polls. So each user has only one list for each poll topic, making it much easier to participate and keep track of your lists. As an anonymous user of course none of the above matters, you simply keep posting your list by means of copy/pasting forum code, and since you're not registered at AP, it will only appear in the PA polls. Of course if you ever decide to register, these lists you posted will be visible in your account once you post a list in the forum as a registered user (because the pa user names match).

Edited by MikeEnRegalia - February 13 2024 at 05:45
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 07:36

^ Hi! Regarding the blurbs, you just write them at AP for your favorite releases whenever you feel like it. With each release there is a feedback button which opens an editing panel, there you can enter the blurb (among other things). It will then be included in the lists at AP as well as the forum exports to PA.

Thank you!  Smile
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 12:15
Any lists for February yet? Here's mine:

Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 13:52

Any lists for February yet? Here's mine:

Digging the Plantoid album quite a bit.

Them Moose Rush - Zepaxia 
Big Scenic Nowhere - the Waydown

are also quite good.

You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 14:05
^ Interesting! The releases are available at AP, feel free to add them to your list Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 14:31
FYI: I introduced a bug earlier which lead to some problems on the voting pages - it should be fixed now.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2024 at 15:51
Nice month, big release day yesterday! Check out the new releases from the voting page Smile

Edited by MikeEnRegalia - February 16 2024 at 15:53
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2024 at 15:36
2024 is taking shape ... so far IHSAHN is my clear favorite.

Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2024 at 16:50
^Looks like you rate IHSAHN both Stellar- and Awesome?
Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic, JRF/Canterbury, Avant/Zeuhl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2024 at 12:15
Not sure how I'd rank these into different categories of quality, but here's my February list:

1. Dani Lee Pearce - Ink Marrow Treacle
2. Grdina Lillinger - Duo Work
3. Dani Lee Pearce - We Feast on the Girl
4. Can - Live in Paris 1973
6. François Thollot - Point of View
7. Dani Lee Pearce - HEEH.
8. MGMT - Loss of Life
9. Pierre Vervloesem - Saucers
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2024 at 16:10
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2024 at 16:19
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2024 at 16:37
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>