Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beautiful Covers of otherwise terrible albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beautiful Covers of otherwise terrible albums
    Posted: April 05 2024 at 06:00
The opposite of this thread: https://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=132768&PID=6132795#6132795

I'll go first: 

YES - Heaven and Earth 

Heaven & Earth
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
Moyan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2024 at 07:10
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2024 at 07:12
YES Union reviews

I can see a pattern developing here. LOL

Edited by Octopus II - April 05 2024 at 07:23
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2024 at 07:25
The Endless River - Wikipedia

Not terrible... just a bit boring (the music)

Beautiful cover though
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2024 at 08:12
Originally posted by Moyan Moyan wrote:

One of my favorites from Yes, musically that is. LOL
Great cover indeed Tongue

Edited by Cristi - April 05 2024 at 08:13
Woon Deadn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woon Deadn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2024 at 11:04
I only know that for me the best Black Sabbath's album is Master Of Reality... If I somehow were to create the series of World Literature Masterpieces, kind of - I'd made them all the books without any illustrations, just the highest-quality paper and hardcovers, tear-resistant and such, but only paper and ink and the title of the book written in the same font on all volumes. 

There are extremely inventive album covers (as well as book covers) in neo-prog (as well as some super huper muga ooltra series of books of cosmic pirates storming the gates of Louvre) - in general, from my personal experience, it is better to hide the cover until you've consumed its contents. 
Favourite Band: Gentle Giant
Favourite Writer: Robert Sheckley
Favourite Horror Writer: Jean Ray
Favourite Computer Game: Tiny Toon - Buster's Hidden Treasure (Sega Mega Drive/Genesis)
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2024 at 11:30
Three YES albums mentioned so far where the music matches the amazing artwork. Well, maybe not in the case of Union  (otherwise known as Rick Wakeman's Onion album because it always makes him cry). Cry
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2024 at 17:02
The story behind Roger Deans artwork for Yes Tales From ...

Moyan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2024 at 22:32
Moyan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2024 at 00:15
Moyan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2024 at 21:57
Moyan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 16:28
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2024 at 04:35

Not a terrible album but judging by the excellent wimmelbilderbuch-esque comic book styled cover art, I expected something way more exciting music-wise. :P

Edited by Hrychu - April 27 2024 at 04:35
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Dapper~Blueberries View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapper~Blueberries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2024 at 10:30

This album cover is honestly really nice, and makes me wish the album was Mike Oldfield doing some kind of Cocteu Twins-esque shoegaze album rather than the very poor new wave that was certainly loosing its charm by the tail end of the 80s.
D~B
 Post Reply Post Reply