Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPLJ band

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLJ band
    Posted: December 14 2005 at 14:15

The following was originally posted as a review, which clearly it is not. I thought I'd place it here though, as it may be of interest.

PLJ BAND Armageddon
Review (Permanent link) by Jason K.P. @ 9:01:00 AM EST, 12/14/2005

3 stars  —  I don't really want to submit a review, what I want is to inform all of you that the P.L.J. band was not lost. The band wes disheartened by the unsuccesful release of 'Armageddon' in 1982 and decided to modify their style. The renamed the group ( "Termites" ) and started a carrer in Greece. The new group releases 5 very succesful albums (with greek lyrics): Termites (1983), Amartoli Maria (1984), Tsimentenia trena (1986), Tsimentenio concerto (1987), Perimenontas ti vroxi (1988). Their style now is more popular, they are a typical rock band, but their songs remain very interesing. In 1988, the group splits, because the lead singer, Lavrentis Machairitsas, seeks a solo career. Their last concert, in 1988, is recorded and also released as an album. Machairitsas follows his way indeed, and until today has released about 11 personal albums and worked as a songwriter too, composing songs for several greek singers. Machairitsas is one of the most important greek music artists of the last decade. Some of the other members of the group also try a solo career. Among these, the most famous one today is Antonis Mitzelos, who worked mainly as a songwriter. In 1998, 10 years after their last concert, the Termites meet again for one single concert, in the basketball stadium 'Irinis kai filias', in front of about 20000 fans... The concert recording formed a new double album that was released 2 years later (Termites - I synaulia). I recommend the CD or the DVD to all those who are interested in tracing the P.L.J. band's steps... Additionally, in this page, you may view the unofficial web site for Lavrentis Machairitsas: http://www.vidq.gr/maxairitsas. The P.L.J. band is alive...
 Post Reply Post Reply