FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGOBLIN - BACK TO THE GOBLIN 2005

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: GOBLIN - BACK TO THE GOBLIN 2005
    Posted: March 08 2006 at 19:39

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing fine. I dont know how many people will read this message, but I really want as many people as possible to take this serious. As the topic name says, its about GOBLIN.

I cant immagine anyone here who wouldnt know the absolute classics Profondo Rosso, Suspiria, Dawn of the Dead, and for the past few years Sleepless (Non Ho Sonno), all soundtracks done by this one-of-a-kind band (by that I dont mean to say they are the best band in the world and no one can be compared with them, though I personally do think so, being a Truegoblinfan, but what I mean is that objectively they are probably the only film music band, so to say, with a number of versatile soundtracks (yes, there is also Tangerine Dream, but that is no the same), which we hardly ever see happen). Well, now, FINALLY, after five years from the Sleepless soundtrack, GOBLIN have managed to release their new non-soundtrack progressive rock album absolutely independently.

Now, this message is directed towards those people who did know of GOBLIN, or still do know about them and remember them, but havent kept up with their most recent history. Yes, this is a typical promotional post, because as I said already, the band brought this album out as a completely independent production with the help of its second keyboardist, Maurizio Guarini, who in this album is actually the leading keyboardist. What more can I say. Naturally, on the issue of the music, I am going to say that this album is worth every bit of that 12 and something dollars to buy if you would like the music on it. For those who are at all interested (Please, please, guys, be interested, at least give the audio samples a go), and who do not know what they may be in for with this new album from GOBLIN, there is a special nice site by the following address: www.goblinhome.com (the default language is actually English) where you will find in the section BACKTOTHEGOBLIN2005 really nice samples of all eight tracks of the album, each of them clocking at no less than one and a half minutes and actually closer to two minutes. That is enough to hear the start of each and there is nice improvisation in some of them.

Well, I did my bit. I really hope for people to pay attention to this. I dont know the community here, though I have used this site before already (absolutely the best site there is on prog music), so I dont know what else to say to people and how they will react. I would love to promote the album even more. I'll quickly say that it has got a feeling of heavy progressive with driving sound (so typical for the band in the track Zaratozom from Dawn of the Dead, or Suspiria main theme, or the great Death Farm from Sleepless) and the electronics side of the music is fantastic with its pure cosmic sounds, so convincing, just interesting. There is some typical and stylish experimentation with wordless vocals and modification, so eerie effects in two or three tracks are guaranteed. For those who love the bass, this is REALLY the right album to consider. Fabio Pignatelli - the bassist extraordinaire of the band - playing in it since 1973/74, who was responsible for the amazing choking parts in Cherry Five, the legendary arpeggio theme of Deep Red, some really low, at times distorted, otherwise funky bass in Suspiria and the thumping rythms of Dawn of the Dead, has done some wonderful job on this album both with his strong bass and keyboards. The guitarist plays very varied guitars (not in quantity, but in sounding), very difficult to explain exactly, but as always riffy. The keyboardist creates an aura of sounds, in places he plays some low organ, but what he does the best is repeat those classical paranoid parts luring into the immaginary spaces he draws.

Well, I think I have said enough. Better leave the rest up to your judgement and discretion. Hope no one is put off by the length of my message. I wish everyone all the best and really hope that the band will be helped by some more people coming from the outside of the narrow circle of fans of the band and getting to find out about another one new and very worthy progressive rock album with a fresh sounding. I thank everyone for the attention. It would be great if people could reply to this message and tell me whether they will be interested to take a look at the www.goblinhome.com site. Good night everyone. Bye.     

Goblin Non Muore Mai
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 01:58

I've had Back To The Goblin 2005  for a few weeks, and the bottom line is that it's a must for Goblin & Simonetti fans, the only downside being how unimaginatively titled it is, for the second of only two Goblin CDs in the last 16 years. The vintage Goblin sound is back, and Pignatelli is as much the ironhorse here as Guarini (Fabio even handles all the synth work himself on several of the compositions). I'm reminded of Zombi, Tenebre, and Patrick, and there's not a bum track. $20 shipped from Canada...not a bad price, either! No excuses...order it! 

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQrdZ0QQs assZnicedreemz

Edited by verslibre
Truegoblinfan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 03:47
Hey, man, thanks a lot for your support. The band really does need more information and good reviews or any kind of recommendations spread all across the world. Good that you have put in yor word in this process. I completely agree about Fabio as the driving force beyond the music on the album. Its a pity they didnt play proper 70's funky stuff, all those modern synths just dont sound near the good old (I wont swear hear, cause I dont know the reactions in this community). Well, the issue is that for a modern album, it is very fresh, strong in many places and there is even an element of jazz here and there (very little though) amongst the hard-rocking rhythms, which in a certain way reminds of the fantastic Cherry Five, where they did exactly that, playing driving compositions with jazz-rock interludes inbetween. Man, that was the best time. Well, I thank you once more for your good words towards the new album. Hope this will have an effect on other visitors of the site and the forum. Good luck to everyone. All stay blessed! Bye. 
Goblin Non Muore Mai
 Post Reply Post Reply