Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSavatage Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Savatage Question
    Posted: March 14 2006 at 09:04

Are they still around?

Their website is very rarely updated, and the last news came around mid-2004 where they said they were working on new material. However, I've heard nothing from Savatage since then.

I got into the band when they bought out "Poets And Madmen" in 2001. They have yet to release another album.

I know all about T.S.O, Jon Oliva and Chris Caffrey etc... but are Savatage actually still around?

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 09:28

Jon Oliva put out a CD fairly recently ,I am told that he uses zac stevens and most of the other guys  maybe thats worth checking out I hear its great, its called Pain , Its ment to sound very much like Savatage.

in response to your question I think many of us Savatage fans are asking the same question ?   

Edited by s1ipp3ry
MorgothSunshine View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 09:31

Yes...but Savatage are locked-up by their producer Paul O'neill. he is very busy with theatrical stuff and has no time for Savatage....meanwhile Jon Oliva and Chris Caffrey, waiting for Paul O'neill, released their solist albums, that are very close to Savatage for the style...

Have you ever listen to Circle II Circle?

For every truth even the contrary is true...
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 09:36
Circle II Circle is the band Zac is in isn`t it ? no I havent checked them out I want to , are they progressive ? and do they sound like savatage at all ?
Valarius View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 16:00

The Jon Oliva's Pain album I know of. Tage Mahal or summit.

The Chris Caffrey one I have and is really good imo.

Circle 2 Circle are also pretty good, and Zac Stevens is one of my fave singers.

But all side projects aside... this all leads to Savatage! I need Savatage!

MajesterX View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 16:43
I got into Savatage when a teacher of mine lent me The Wake of Magellen which I thought was very good. I heard in an interview with Jon Oliva in which he said all the members all need to agree on what they are going to do and make an effort. I *think* he said 2007 would probably be the year of the next album, but It might be early or late 07. The site for the interveiw is metalexpressradio.com. It's uner interviews and Audio streams. Hope this helps!  SymRealOnLoad; var SymRealOnUnload; function SymOnUnload() { window.open = SymWinOpen; if(SymRealOnUnload != null) SymRealOnUnload(); } function SymOnLoad() { if(SymRealOnLoad != null) SymRealOnLoad(); window.open = SymRealWinOpen; SymRealOnUnload = window.onunload; window.onunload = SymOnUnload; } SymRealOnLoad = window.onload; window.onload = SymOnLoad; //-->

Edited by MajesterX
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 01:55

Didn't Stevens formally depart Savatage? On the website a newer younger singer is shown as Stevens' replacement. Aside from the ProgPower one-off with Oliva and key members past and present, the only original member of 'Tage is Oliva himself. Gutter Ballet and Edge Of Thorns are classics.

Valarius View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 03:45

Whoa MajesterX... thanks for the link.

Loadsa cool stuff on there... Oliva, Caffery, Petrucci, Romeo, Tate, Ellefson... I'm liking.

Post Reply Post Reply