Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSLEEPYTIME GORILLA MUSEUM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 17:30
I have listened to Of Natural History twice now, and although I'm quite intrigued by it, I'm not sure what to think of it yet.

I think I'll give it some more spins & time, and hopefully it'll "sink in".
Apsalar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 17:38
Originally posted by Empathy Empathy wrote:

Originally posted by Aaron Aaron wrote:

it's bands like these that make me wonder their worth will be 20 years from now

maybe i'm wrong, but i can't help but feel gay (and by gay i mean lame, not happy or homosexual)  when i hear this music

them fightin' words

Aaron

I'm sure people have said similar things in regards to many prog artists over the years.

Yep, you're wrong! LOL

It is perculiar how people perceive different things. I would have to agree with some people above, I feel this is a very free expression of emotion, in particular with the vocals; but overall this might just be my eclectric personality. Also having some experience myself with these kind of vocals it does feel overly natural for me to sing songs by this artist.

Empathy... I'm in envy of you now. I have look on their website and they play for something ridiculously cheap like $8. They are definately a band I have to see before I die. A little off topic but what was the Residents concert like?
Ghandi 2 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 22:52
I listened to some of the SGM songs which are available, and the only thing I have to say is: Ow. Way too heavy for me.

I have a question for the fans, though: does it bother you that a seven minute song has 4 parts which are completely different and are not really linked? I understand having a soft song followed by a heavy metal one, and I even understand a loud song with a quiet chorus or a quite song with a loud choruse. But smushing such obviously different pieces of music together without any transition seems to me to be lazy songwriting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12