Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew MUSE album on myspace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 19:40
City of Delusion was definitely one of my favourite tracks from when the album was still up on Myspace. And I agree about the proggy feel from Soldier's Poem on, and about the album getting better with each listen - can't wait for the official release!
Fritha View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 05:32
I first listened to the stream of Supermassive Black Hole on the net, when a kind person on another forum provided the link for it. Loved it and bought the entire album on the following day (it's been available here in Finland since the beginning of July, I think). Heh, none of the other songs resembled the single too much, but that's okay, very listenable stuff nevertheless!

For me, as well, City of Delusion was immediately the stand-out song out of the rest of the tracks. It took me a couple of listens to appreciate Knights of Cydonia, though

I only had Absolution as a CD-R (courtesy of a friend) until now, which I thouht was a decent record for sure, but I already enjoy the new one more as a whole. Absolution becomes very tiring to my ears if I listen to it in its entirety, partly due to there not being as much variety on it compared to the newest effort. Also, Bellamy's singing style is more, hmm, subdued now...he doesn't seem QUITE as breathless anymore, lol.
I was made to love magic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12