Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBern's serious recommendation : Maneige

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 19:53
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Originally posted by Bern Bern wrote:

Ever since Progresson released 3 of their CDs, I've gone completely crazy about this band. Now, I seriously think they are one of the best and most sadly underrated in PA.

They deserve more attention than they have. They play a blend of folk/jazz/rock/classical music which is heavenly good.

Maybe I look like I'm exaggerating a little bit here but I just hope that this thread will attract at least 1 or 2 people to the Maneige's page here on PA to at least give a listen to the samples or eventually even buy one of their albums.

I higly recommend them with all my heart Embarrassed Tongue

Clap

Bern, the best way to fix this under exposure is to review them maneige albums so they get more reviews and climb up the top lists of the site.

Seriously guys we all whine and complain about how obscure bands such as maneige (or Sloche, Conventum etc...)  never get any attention , but they get no exposure through the reviewing.

Get to it guysWink

I did review Ni vent ni nouvelle Hugues Wink

The others are coming soon. Wink

RIP in bossa nova heaven.
Bj-1 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 21:31

I'll check'em out!!Approve

RIO/AVANT/ZEUHL - The best thing you can get with yer pants on!
EXERIOR Experimental tech/death/progmetal from Norway!
con safo View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 22:53
I have heard "Les Porches" and must say i fully agree! Fantastic stuff.
Progmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 10:37
I have been going through my vinyl collection, converting to digital via Ion USB turntable, just got to Maneige and finished transfering my 4 vinyl Maneige albums (Les Porches, Libre Service, Ni Vent..., Montreal 6 AM), my favorite is still the first I heard (Libre Service) although I haven't given Les Porches the proper listening time since it is so different from Libre Service.  Maneige is great.  Looking forward to finding and buying whatever else I can find from Maneige.  I have known Maneige since the early 80's and they have always been near the top of my list.  Moving on to Matching Mole, Phil Miller and the Muffins.  Converting my vinyl has really reminded me of all the great prog locked up in my vinyl.
TGM: Orb View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 11:11
I own Les Porches. The rest will follow soon. I could get them on amazon (albeit not cheaply). Kotro suggested this to me after I'd bought it

E-bay link

I can comfortably say that the title track of that is a serious contender for 'Orb's favouritest song evar!11'. The desouverture is just perfect, and the rest of the album is also absolutely superb (especially the first two Chaiptres of Les Aventures...). Chromo, which is the sample here, is probably my least favourite of the tracks from it.
Kotro View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 04:47
I just got the first 4 Maneige cd's from that shop, Orb. I can definitly recommend that you get them there, if they're still available. Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12