Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAllan Holdsworth at BB Kings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allan Holdsworth at BB Kings
    Posted: December 28 2004 at 15:55

I got a ticket last night to see Allan Holdsworth at BB Kings on Jan. 13...I hope he lives up to his reputation...

While I was there I picked up some free tickets for Wonderous Stories... a Yes/ELP tribute band that will play there Jan. 3.  About 4 of us from GL.com will be going as our New Years outing together... I think I'll email Wonderous Stories and make sure they do most of their ELP catalog at this show... and this time we promise not to throw anything when the vocalist starts...

Edited by threefates
THIS IS ELP
threefates View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 12:57

Well I saw Allan Holdsworth last night at BB Kings... and altho I'm a fan of his UK days... the jazz stuff almost put me to sleep...

I did get to talk to him afterwards and he's very nice.  I even got a hug from him.. but since I haven't replaced my camera yet.. no pic for Sigod....

I did find out from their booking agent tho... who also handles Keith Emerson.. that Allan may be doing some warm up gigs for Keith's mini tour of the east coast in a couple of months...

Now I was just happy to hear that Keith may still be doing an east coast tour... and without those other hair bands.... GREAT!!

PS... Danbo, I did get an autograph from Allan for you... addressed to Dan....Just let me know where you want me to send it...

THIS IS ELP
Dan Bobrowski View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2005 at 11:20

Wow, you are just too thoughtful.  I'm very appreciative. Thank you.

PM on it's way.

Can't wait to see the pics!

Post Reply Post Reply