Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 256257258259260 282>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 19:04
Too old too, Memo... Smile and when no guidelines existed for reviews.

They're part of PA history. We may find a better way to deal with these antiques...
Guigo

~~~~~~
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote memowakeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 15:21

Found this couple of Live at the Carnegie Hall reviews, tooo short...

RENAISSANCE — Live at Carnegie Hall

Review by andre

5%20stars Absolutely GREAT! Very good live performance with full orchestra, all of their best songs. Stunning version of "Scheherazade " and and awesome extended version of "Ashes Are Burning" with a bass solo and Annie showing off her high vocal pitch!

Posted Wednesday, November 05, 2003, 18:45 EST | Permanent link

RENAISSANCE — Live at Carnegie Hall

Review by cipen

5%20stars One of the best records in rock history. A selection of great songs that sounds much better than in the studio versions, especially the magical version of "ashes are burnig". Am album you can't live without

Posted Monday, November 10, 2003, 17:12 EST | Permanent link

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 09:40
All being evaluated, fellows! Thanks!!!
Guigo

~~~~~~
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 07:12
wow, I never heard a "very very english" album before, is it some kind of a rare achivement? LOL

Mixmaster Morris is a DJ or electro musician Pete Namlook worked with in 1992 or 1993; is the guy really him? Shocked

progismylife View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progismylife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 07:01
The Robert Wyatt reviews on the front page aren't really reviews.

Heres one that definitely isn't a review as he doesn't even mention something about the album or why you should get it,

WYATT,%20ROBERT%20Rock%20Bottom%20progressive%20rock%20album%20and%20reviews Canterbury Scene
(Studio Album, 1974)
Avg: 4.51/5
from 51 ratings
WYATT, ROBERT — Rock Bottom
Review by mixmastermorris (Mixmaster Morris)

5%20stars One of my favorite albums of all time, so I can't be very objective about it.Intensely personal, whimsical, poignant and very very English this album exemplifies Wyatt's solo career. Start here, and then get Ruth Is Stranger Than Richard as well ....you will not be disappointed.

Posted Thursday, March 08, 2007, 05:53 EST | Permanent link

Malve87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malve87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 16:57

A LOT of Roger Water's "Amused to death" album reviews are INCREDIBLY short , not dealing with the album and completed with a LOT of 5 stars ratings, without reason.

Edited by Malve87 - March 07 2007 at 16:58
]
Malve87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malve87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 17:05
this review doesn't talk about the album and doesn't help the reader to know how the music sounds in the album itself:

TOOL — Lateralus

Review by richardh (Richard Haydon)
PROG REVIEWER

5%20stars Most 'prog metal' is dull,pointless and entirely repititive..but Tool are none of those things.The music is dark in a heavy metal grungy vein but unlike most metal carries complex time signatures and has a degree of sohistication that most metal bands can only dream of.Maybe this a is a whole new genre..this is Tool..go and get it!

]
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 10:45
Some tests are being made now... soon these reviews will be removed. Just wait! Smile
Guigo

~~~~~~
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progismylife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 10:45
The DT reviewers are the same person  I looked at the profiles and it has about 100 reviews for the same album.

Edited by progismylife - March 05 2007 at 10:45
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 10:41
Is it just me or are there

a heck of a Dream Theater - scenes from a memory metropolis part II new reviews with a total sum of 5.00 stars?!!!

WinkPinch

last 50 reviews aren't even enough to point out the first of this troll-spin! LOLAngry

and DT is album number 1! AngryAngry

(I'm not utterly shouting here towards somebody, by the way..it's only my anti-DT reflex..but...fix it, kay? LOLEmbarrassed)

Edited by Ricochet - March 05 2007 at 10:42
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhikkhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 09:22
Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

[QUOTE=bhikkhu]I'm not sure this one is appropriate. For one thing, it's too short. That neo comment bothers me more than a little bit too. http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1420[/QUOTE]

Hey, HT, are you doing some kind of PA archaelogical research? Smile

We'll try to contact the reviewer (probably useless but...) and later take a decision. These very old reviews were made when no guidelines existed and except for some really abusive many of them are part of PA history now. Wink

You caught me. That is pretty much exactly what I am doing. It sort of ties in with the project we are working on now. As I go through the Symphonic list, I am finding all sorts of little oddities.

Malve87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malve87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 08:43

The following review is:

1) wrong from a grammatical point of view

2) not coherent: in fact the star rating does not reflect the judments he expressed in the "written section"

KING CRIMSON — Deception of the Thrush: A Beginners Guide to ProjeKcts
Review by federico2_barbarossa

4%20stars It is not a disk prog, but a disk of "rhytmic noises"! "Deception Of The Trush" is the summary of the project "ProjeKcts" where the group came split in four. And it tested in absolute manner. And this is the truth progressive. Fortunately it is not weighing and it am listened to pleasantly. But it is not a good disk to discover the "90's Crimson".

Posted Tuesday, November 01, 2005, 12:31 EST | Permanent link

]
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progismylife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2007 at 18:19
What about this one? It doesn't contribute to the many other reviews done for this album. Heck it barely mentions it except for vagueness.

KING%20CRIMSON%20In%20The%20Court%20Of%20The%20Crimson%20King%20progressive%20rock%20album%20and%20reviews Art Rock
(Studio Album, 1969)
Avg: 4.55/5
from 444 ratings
KING CRIMSON — In The Court Of The Crimson King
Review by Egglord

5%20stars This is a fantastic album. Everything in it with the exception of the middle of Moonchild is great. The lyrics are generally more deep and powerful than the normal stuff. Epitaph is the best song on the album. I bought this CD off the internet because I had listened to my Dad's copy of Beat and I was very pleasantly surprised by how eclectic and interesting this album was. My Dad is unaware of In the Court of the Crimson King and thinks that King Crimson was an 80's new wave band. I really need to let him listen to it.

Posted Sunday, March 04, 2007, 10:48 EST | Permanent link

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2007 at 18:14
[QUOTE=bhikkhu]I'm not sure this one is appropriate. For one thing, it's too short. That neo comment bothers me more than a little bit too.

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1420[/QUOTE]

Hey, HT, are you doing some kind of PA archaelogical research? Smile

We'll try to contact the reviewer (probably useless but...) and later take a decision. These very old reviews were made when no guidelines existed and except for some really abusive many of them are part of PA history now. Wink
Guigo

~~~~~~
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhikkhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2007 at 14:41
I'm not sure this one is appropriate. For one thing, it's too short. That neo comment bothers me more than a little bit too.

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1420
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2007 at 07:00
Dealt with...
Guigo

~~~~~~
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2007 at 05:25
     ^
     Good call Ben, that is awful.. a non-review indeed. And the really unfortunate thing is that Drama is a hot album..

Edited by Atavachron - March 04 2007 at 05:25
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progismylife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2007 at 05:11
YES%20Drama%20progressive%20rock%20album%20and%20reviews Symphonic Prog
(Studio Album, 1980)
Avg: 3.69/5
from 151 ratings
YES — Drama
Review by MrCleveland

2%20stars Too bad that The guys from the Buggles didn't dedicate themselves with the band Yes. It would've been cool to see those guys to make more songs for Yes. Well, I'm guessing that they had bigger fish to fry because they went yo be in the band Asia. And it would've been interesting to see Yes do 'Video Killed the Radio Star' when MTV came. I should get this album and hear it for myself. I may or may not like it. But I still wished that the guys from the Buggles would've stayed with Yes.

Posted Saturday, March 03, 2007, 23:32 EST | Permanent link

This guy admits to not hearing the album he "reviewed". It is not even a review. 
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 15:46
I am trying to deal with this.I don't handle reviews and need to get ahold of our review moderators.

Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 15:44
Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34990&PID=2404094#2404094

Check here, buddies!

Well, the Renaissance is back again. IP-blocking action to be considered now maybe...?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 256257258259260 282>