Topic ClosedPRS Guitars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: PRS Guitars
    Posted: November 05 2006 at 04:20
Hi ,

I have been searching the prices. I am thinking to buy one the future and I think I must start collecting money :D On the internet C24 's are like 2950$. Isn't that a enormous price? I wonder in your state are there any dealers? I live in Turkey and there is no PRS dealers here :( And if there are any , how much do they cost?

Thanks

MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 04:54
I think that PRS guitars are overrated, at least considering their price.

For $3000 I'd definitely buy a more versatile guitar - maybe a John Petrucci signature (gives you a really good vibrato system, awesome tone, good ergonomics AND a piezo system for acoustic sounds).
Australian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 05:08

PRS aren’t all that great, I remember considering getting one six months back. I ended up getting a Mexican strat which suites me perfectly. Over here is Australia PRS can be quite either moderately cheap or really, really expensive depends where its coming from.

I think there may be a PRS dealer in Cyprus, Nicosia ‘cause I remember seeing one in a shop window when I went there a couple of years ago, it may not be the case though…

I’ve seen the John Petrucci sig guitar in stores here for only $500 Aus dollars, may be a good deal!

Good luck!!

ailgun View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 06:47
Well actually I am not that into the JP sound. Or his guitars.  But it's quite cheap I think :D ) I can buy a Fender Strat now. ( We have store here ) But I have been dreaming for a PRS for years. Even I have never played any :( ( :) ) I would prefer to pay 1000 more and buy a PRS. This may cause me to wait much more to buy...But I want end up with the best :D And some of my favorite bands uses PRS , thats another reason too. PT , Opeth etc.

So I would be glad if anyone knows how much do they cost in shops instead of internet?

Thanks.
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 09:19
^ a guitarist's sound comes from his fingers, not his guitar.Big smile

Two things:

It's *impossible* to get a real JP signature guitar for $500 - even if it a used one it's still so cheap that it must be the "low cost" version. I was talking about the big one, with the expensive wood and pickups.

BTW: Of course this guitar won't sound like a PRS no matter what you do - it doesn't have a set neck. But on the other hand a bolted neck is the only way to get a versatile sound.
ailgun View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 12:59
I am not that bad :D But my guitar sucks..

www.myspace.com/atayilgn -- This is my guitar Ibanez Gio , I am using it for 3 years.

www.myspace.com/moonloopaty --This is Fender strat ( I borrow it from my musician neighborhood. )

Even with the same mic. look at the difference. I think the songs on the first songs would sound much more lovely with a strat. And much more lovely it would be with  PRS I am sure!
 Post Reply Post Reply