FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFripp & Eno & Windows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2006 at 22:59
Here here with the golden age comment!

I know that some basket ball team ( san fransisco maybe?) uses DT as their preshow and intermission music.
I can strangle a canary in a tin can and it would be really original, but that wouldn't save it from sounding like utter sh*t.
-Stone Beard
The Whistler View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 02:05
I don't know if you guys out there in your other parts of the world understand that which is "public access," but it's a TV station where any old loser can have his show. Today, I say someone interviewing an "actor" who brought in a tape of him singing kariokee to Locomotive Breath...and doing it very, VERY badly...
"There seem to be quite a large percentage of young American boys out there tonight. A long way from home, eh? Well so are we... Gotta stick together." -I. Anderson
Mumakil View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2006 at 05:59
Just installed  Vista RTM (final) for testing purposes and there are no 'fripptronics'... In fact, the sounds in Vista are worst than XP's... anyone knows what happened? Did they spend 18 months and dropped the project?

EDIT: I just read on the net that the Vista startup sound is indeed Fripp's...

I'm very very sad to say that, as I love Fripp's work, but it SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!

I can't believe MS stressed Mr Fripp for 18 months and actually ended up using only 4 seconds... Of course they'll say they wanted 'simplicity', so why did they hire Fripp in the first place? The guy is used to play 20 minute-plus songs, but 4 seconds?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!

Read this "review" for further information: http://scobleizer.com/2006/11/09/another-committee-takes-the-soul-out-of-robert-fripp/

Edited by Mumakil - November 20 2006 at 14:38
"Fly, you fools!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12