Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBobby Beausoleil and the Freedom Orchestra

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bobby Beausoleil and the Freedom Orchestra
    Posted: December 21 2006 at 02:48
Alright,

I think the only reason Beausoleil is not on here is because his only real major accomplishment in music was the Lucifer Rising soundtrack, and very few of you would have seen or heard this I think.

Everywhere I've been on the net, with the few articles I have found.. Have labeled this instrumental prog rock similar to early Pink Floyd. It's like space/psychedlic prog, with some jazz influence and horns. I've never really heard anything like it but I admit I'm not a huge prog head.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qtLpEcoNqBc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6A6Ovq9hqc0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7BfNX9SEBEQ

Pirate Bay has a torrent of tons of Kenneth Anger films. They're very difficult to find otherwize and currently long out of print. Many of his films have music rights issues and may not be released for many years. You're only good bet would be a video store catering to film students and rent them there.  If you happen to live in Montreal Boite Noire on St-Denis has them all. Mystic Fire Video released his "Magick Lantern Cycle" on vhs in four volumes. To buy this online is easily upwards of $70 for one tape and is very rare.

Edited by tr00vndkvlt - December 21 2006 at 02:50
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 08:24
I opened a thread about this this summer ans I am still trying to find Page's origiunal soundtrack (the first filmwas only 31 min long; Beausoleil's music is on the second version of the film.

This being said, I say Beausoleil's music (made all from selfmade and prison-made instruments) is beautyful and challenging enough ro be on the Archives under various genre

Edited by Sean Trane - December 21 2006 at 08:27
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
The Wizard View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 08:26
I've been looking for his soundtrack, along with Page's. The movie Lucifer Rising is freakin' trippy.
Philéas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 08:28
Is the mention of The Pirate Bay in the first post really appropriate? Ermm
tr00vndkvlt View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 17:40
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

I opened a thread about this this summer ans I am still trying to find Page's origiunal soundtrack (the first filmwas only 31 min long; Beausoleil's music is on the second version of the film.

This being said, I say Beausoleil's music (made all from selfmade and prison-made instruments) is beautyful and challenging enough ro be on the Archives under various genre

This link did not work.
Various genres.. I'd prefer it to be under space/psychedelic rock because even though he worked with other inmates I think it was more or less all him. It was his leadership. I don't think anyone else is credited for the music except for him.

Originally posted by Philéas Philéas wrote:

Is the mention of The Pirate Bay in the first post really appropriate?

If someone wants to own a copy unless they want to pay over $75 for a used copy they won't be able to see it most likely. So this is really one of the few ways one could see it.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2006 at 16:00
bump
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 02:11
NEWS

http://www.fantoma.com/

On January 23rd, Vol.1 of the Magic Lantern Cycle Kenneth Anger films get released on DVD for first time ! It includes : Fireworks (1947), Puce Moment (1949), Rabbit's Moon (1950), Eaux D'Artifice (1953), Inauguration Of The Pleasure Dome (1954).

Then, sometime this summer, Vol.2 will be released which will include films like Lucifer Rising and Scorpio Rising
 Post Reply Post Reply