Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPaladin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paladin
    Posted: January 17 2007 at 14:12
PALADIN was one of the best prog rock bands that ever existed. I am fortunate enough to know x-bassplayer Peter Beckett(my friend and great musician), and have contact with Keith Webb, Pete Solley, Jo Jammer(who replaced Derek Foley) and their soundman Mike Whelan from Apple Studios. I am still trying to locate Derek Foley and Lou Stonebridge. If anyone has info on these two great musicians and where I can contact them, I'd really appreciate it.

I run the only websites on the internet for PALADIN and I want to spread the word about their unbelievable talents. Too bad they never made it to the States, as maybe then more peopl;e would know their great music.I started a website for Peter Beckett two years ago and am now business partners with him. Peter is best known for his American band PLAYER(#1 hit "Baby Come Back") and also for LITTLE RIVER BAND, SKYBANDTHINK OUT LOUD and a few English beats bands such as The Thoughts and Winston G.

HERE ARE THE LINKS:

A separate page for evey band

There are four Paladin songs to listen to here

Patti/PB's Webmistress
Any photos or info on PALADIN would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Beckett's Webmistress
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 17:24
A fine band indeed Patti, thanks for the links.

They are listed on this site of course.
flameofnj View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 19:01
Thank you!
Beckett's Webmistress
Digger View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2008 at 12:47

They were indeed an excellent band, I saw them many times in London 1971-73, mostly at the Greyhound on Fulham Palace Road. Bought both their albums and have just bought the remastered CD's - in my car stereo now!!  First saw Pete Solley backing Chris Farlowe around 68-69, then noticed him again when I went to see Jethro Tull & Savoy Brown supported by Terry Reid. When I read in the press that Pete and Keith had formed Paladin I had to see them. I saw them once as well with Jo Jammer and whilst he was a reasonable guitarist I thought the group had lost something with the departures of Foley and Stonebridge. I was sorry to read on the CD sleeve for Charge! that Keith died last year.

flameofnj View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2008 at 19:41

I do envy you Digger for getting to see the band perform. I only have the cds to remember them by and the stories told to me by the band members. It was so sad to hear that Keith died because we used to email each other right before that, and I got him and Peter Beckett in touch again after many years. Peter is writing a book and will have a chapter on Keith. I hear from Keith's daughter Luna once in awhile also. She's sorting out pictures and things. I just found Derek's address and will be writing to him this week. He now lives in the New York and is a session artist. I see Lou still plays gigs in English pubs. Joe Jammer has his own music school in Chicago and still plays gigs too. My good friend Peter Beckett is getting his band Player back together and will be doing some touring this year with a new cd.

Patti/PB's Webmistress

Beckett's Webmistress
 Post Reply Post Reply