Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Alamaailman Vasarat album
    Posted: March 17 2007 at 20:21
I've ordered their first album to replace my MP3s, from Greg Walker.

He said he's got the new order on pre-order, so look out for it there!
Arsillus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 16:46
Originally posted by Geck0 Geck0 wrote:

Indeed they do.  I still need to get Vasaraasia on CD, I only have Karmelautekunta (sp.).  Of course, I've heard Vasaraasia, I just want it on CD, to go with Maahan, when I get it.

I actually want the Japanese addition.  I think I may e-mail Greg Walker again and see if he can get some copies for us.

I got both of my Alamaailman Vasarat albums from Greg. Great guy. Tongue

Anyway, I've been wondering when they were going to release another album, so this is great news. Just one more thing to buy! WinkLOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 05:09
I'm going to see them on March 29th, I'll most likely buy the album then. Approve
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 22:55
Great, sounds yuuuummyyy!!

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 20:31
Indeed they do.  I still need to get Vasaraasia on CD, I only have Karmelautekunta (sp.).  Of course, I've heard Vasaraasia, I just want it on CD, to go with Maahan, when I get it.

I actually want the Japanese addition.  I think I may e-mail Greg Walker again and see if he can get some copies for us.
Apsalar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 20:17
I'm looking forward to purchasing this one. Just last night my friend and I were talking about our anticipation of this album (it was rather high); though we were not sure whether it had already come out (obvisouly this put any of those doubts to rest). Looks like I was I have to get a store to order it in for me.

Sample songs on myspace sound great
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 20:09
Wow!

Shame I've made my orders for this month already.  I'll wait until a familiar stockist, stocks it.

Has this got a vocalist on, like their previous two and is it returning back to their classic style?

By the way, any ideas where I can get Vasaraasia on CD?

Listening to Kyyhylly and it sounds wonderful.  I need this album! Clap

Edited by Geck0 - March 15 2007 at 20:14
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 20:06
The new Alamaailman Vasarat album is out:

New Alamaailman Vasarat
album
MAAHAN is out now!

Order your copy from:

Levykauppa Äx

Platta.net

MAAHAN

Released March 2007
Wolfgang Records
Besection (Japan)

TRACK LISTING
More music clips at
www.myspace.com/alamaailmanvasaratofficial

1. Maahan

Length: 0:58
Composed by Jarno Sarkula
Arranged by Alamaailman Vasarat

“Into the country”, this title track is a “Vasar-Asian” people’s immigration song. If there’s really nothing to eat and drink left in your country, you have to leave and look for it elsewhere. This was originally intended to be a song with lyrics and sung by the band. We decided to leave it instrumental because the mood and melody are strong enough to carry on their own. This was recorded fully live in one big studio room.

2. Kyyhylly

Length: 3:40

“Viper shelf”, a film noir story of a weird artefact of a wormy origin, hazardous to all Mankind. Piece gets stolen and a long chase follows until the artefact is once again put to rest into a vault where it belongs, out of sight.

3. Helmi otsalla

Length: 3:36
Composed by Jarno Sarkula, Miikka Huttunen

”Pearl on the forehead”, this is a crime story set in circus. Someone or something has murdered plenty of carnival artists and an investigation is due. As it usually happens, the guilty party is a lonesome snake, probably a boa or python who’s been treated badly and is now looking for a vengeance.

4. Luiden valossa, naapurin talossa

Length: 3:40

”In the light of bones at the neighbour’s house”. Remember when you had a strange house in your street where nobody seemed to live in but you were sure you saw some lights flicker at night? And your parents told you not to go there whatever the case. Well, in this song you really go there and you get to know why it was forbidden.

5. Huikeuden lieriö

Length: 3:53
Composed by Jarno Sarkula, Marko Manninen, Tuukka Helminen, Miikka Huttunen

”Cylinder of Greatness”. Space travel is a dangerous business and should not be taken lightly. This is a short story of a bunch of some happy people going up there in a space ship fuelled by, well, whatever. It does end merrily though, but it is unsure how far they actually got.

6. Eläimet huutaa

Length: 5:56
Composed by Jarno Sarkula, Marko Manninen, Tuukka Helminen

”Animals shouting”. This song is in two parts. First one is a short story of a Vasar-Asian farmer whose rice field gets bombed and he’s obviously not very happy about it. Luckily the animals are shouting in the forest and the farmer finds a new life among many odd beings of nature.

7. Lumeen nukkuneet

Length: 5:29
Composed and arranged by Alamaailman Vasarat

”Those who fell in the snow”. This song was originally composed for a film about Finnish artist Kalervo Palsa whose sad career ended up very badly. Drunk as always, he passed out and froze to death far up north in Lapland.

8. Katkorapu

Length: 4:24

”Rehab shrimp”. This song was originally though of as a mental picture of a Neapolitan wedding or actually a second one which was going on beside the first one in secret. Hard to explain, but nevertheless, it combines some music styles from Mediterranean with odd mixture of jungle rhythms and sax riffs.

9. Käärme toi ruton kaupunkiin

Length: 3:24
Composed by Jarno Sarkula, Miikka Huttunen

“A snake brought the plague in the town”. This one is “straight up” dance song with a lot of Klezmer in it. It is also a story about snakes who try to assault one tiny town with a plague. Luckily this end badly for snakes so the town is saved, at least for now.

10. Rooman ruumiit

Length: 3:41
Composed by Jarno Sarkula, Marko Manninen

”The bodies of Rome”. All along Via Appia, outside Rome, there are a lot of catacombs. During the night, the corpses wake up and start to look for human flesh. A zombie song, if you like.

11. Elukka

Length: 1:15

“Animal”. This is a theme song for a werewolf animation feature film by the same name, directed by Tatu Pohjavirta.

12. Coro a bocca chiusa
(Japan release bonus track)

Length: 2:57
Composed by Giacomo Puccini

This was intended to be a part of film score and now remains as the only Alamaailman Vasarat cover song to date. Also known as “Humming chorus”, it is a part of Puccini’s Madame Butterfly opera and was originally arranged for chorus only.

Edited by avestin - March 15 2007 at 20:07
 Post Reply Post Reply