FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLocanda Delle Fate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Locanda Delle Fate
    Posted: February 10 2005 at 18:41
The one mp3 available for this band, Forse le lucciole non si amano più, from the album of the same name, is absolutely amazing. This is incredible! A few questions:

1) Where on earth would I be able to get this album? on CD? on vinyl?

2) Who here has this one amazing album from this band? What is the rest of the album like? is it as good?

3) Why did this group only release this one record?
I bleed coffee. When I don't drink coffee, my veins run dry, and I shrivel up and die.
"Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso? Is that like the bank of Italian soccer death or something?" -my girlfriend
Wizard/TRueStar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 18:44
They have 2 records actually. A newer one with shorter cuts.  Try www.cduniverse.com
Sweetnighter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 18:51
Well how about that!

That's so bizarre... to have released their second record twenty two years later... wow
I bleed coffee. When I don't drink coffee, my veins run dry, and I shrivel up and die.
"Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso? Is that like the bank of Italian soccer death or something?" -my girlfriend
Lunarscape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 18:56

I downloaded 4 tracks from that album....fantastic stuff. CD Universe should have it or Musea.com

_________

Lunar....

Music Is The Soul Bird That Flies In The Immense Heart Of The Listener . . .
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 19:26
Originally posted by Sweetnighter Sweetnighter wrote:

The one mp3 available for this band, Forse le lucciole non si amano più, from the album of the same name, is absolutely amazing. This is incredible! A few questions:

1) Where on earth would I be able to get this album? on CD? on vinyl?

2) Who here has this one amazing album from this band? What is the rest of the album like? is it as good?

3) Why did this group only release this one record?

Thanks to this site - and especially the Mp3 samples available - I have just recently discovered both this and all the other great Italian groups.

Answer to Question 1): I got mine through Amazon.com.  CD was brand new, shipping was fast.
Answer to Question 2): The remainder of the songs are equally as good as the sample download.
Answer to Question 3): Don't know...
Fitzcarraldo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 19:30

It's a fabulous album, and from quite late in the 'classic Prog' era (1977). Some find it too saccharine, but I think it's a wonderful album. Very symphonic, full of melody and passionate singing. If you want to find out about the band's history, take a look at the following Web site, my favourite reference on all the wonderful Italian bands:

http://www.italianprog.com/index.htm

Fitzcarraldo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 19:33

BTW, for European buyers, I recommend BTF (http://www.btf.it) which is where I buy most of my Italian Prog (they stock a lot of non-Italian Prog too).

DallasBryan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 20:57
http://synphonic.8m.com/

the only CD source in North America, IMHO and you
know how humble I am!

I drive a rather small bulldozer

Edited by DallasBryan
Trotsky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 22:31

Sweetnighter (in no way should this post be seen as an excuse to get my avatar on your thread ...seriously have tried and seems to be no way of stopping it) ...

I'm totally with you in falling in love with the Locanda Delle Fate soundbite here ... absolutely blew me away ... I know some critics have said that the group's sound is lighter than that of the other classic Italian bands, but the compositional skill is exquisite ... and I can't wait to hear more

I'm not entirely sure why they broke up, but I know that by the time the album came out in 1977, most of the great Italian prog bands had already started a shift away from prog towards pop/rock ... also that lead singer Leonardo Sasso (Zucchero's evil twin) did not participate in the reunion album which was brought about by the prog Renaissance of the 90s ... 

"Death to Utopia! Death to faith! Death to love! Death to hope?" thunders the 20th century. "Surrender, you pathetic dreamer.”

"No" replies the unhumbled optimist "You are only the present."
James Lee View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 22:40

I'm a big fan, of the first album anyway. Sasso's voice is amazingly expressive, but also nicely rough around the edges (Tom Waits meets Pavarotti? Nah, not really... ).

Shh, don't tell anyone, but I like Locanda even more than PFM or Banco. Glad you discovered them.

Emperor View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 02:07

Hello, Sweetnighter!

Yes, you've got to discover one of my favorite bands from Italy and one of the best albums by 1977, IMO. I have two CDs by Locanda Delle Fate. The 1st one is just mentioned Forse le lucciole non si amano più, the 2nd one is the Live album by the same 1977 year (the stuff and performance is still great, though the sonic quality is not excellent).

Replying to your questions:

All the rest of the album is of the same melodic, compositional and character quality, which is outstanding. In most of the albums's space the sound is rather quiet, balladeering, guitar-acoustical...

If somebody of your friends or you by yourself will come to Russia (or at least to Europe) I could record both CDs to you...

I also recommend to you several other bands rather similar to LDF: Le Orme, Il Volo, the two debut albums by Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso (all three are Italians), plus French band Pentacle (with only one album released in 1975).

I Prophesy Disaster...
Wizard/TRueStar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 15:16

Heres another band your about to fall in love with from the downloads: Alusa Fallax.  They literally have one album, though I have not heard the album these downloads are great!!!!

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD. asp?cd_id=2481

Sweetnighter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 15:22
Thanks for the offer Emperor... although unfortunately I don't think I'll be overseas anytime soon... Well, not in that direction anyway. I will be going to Mongolia this summer though... if you feel like making the hike across siberia! 

Yeah, Le Orme, Il Volo, Banco and of course PFM are all very good groups. I just can't wait to get my hands on an actual as opposed to just the mp3s off the site.
Emperor View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 04:20

Just listened Locand Delle Fate at Saturday (after reading of this topic ). Yes, really excellent band! One of the nicest sympho-Prog music I ever heard...

Don't laugh, because I really can go to Syberia for the business trip at any time there'll be industrial problems with our (graphical&printing) materials at some manufacture...  But tell me, what have you forgotten in Mongolia????

I Prophesy Disaster...
 Post Reply Post Reply