Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedÄnglagård Hybris

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Änglagård Hybris
    Posted: March 26 2007 at 16:36
Can someone tell me where I can buy the Änglagård Hybris cd digi pack?Cry  I've been all over the net and no one seems to have it.
https://soundcloud.com/metallicsun
progreviews View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 01:36
Completely out of print and unlikely to be re-pressed anytime soon. The band members have not been very communicative about why they can't seem to agree to keep it in print.

I paid $50 for this thing the first time it went out of print, it's probably fetching even higher prices than that now on eBay.
VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 01:39
Both albums are extremely difficult to find, which is a shame.  When copies are found, they sell for extraordinary sums of money.  I wish I could find a shed somewhere with unopened copies of their albums in it, I could be a rich man!
JT_Productions View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 16:26
I saw that I could download it (the whole album) from a site called www.allofmp3.com but I'm not sure if I trust the site. Has anyone had any dealings with them?
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 18:40
Originally posted by progreviews progreviews wrote:

Completely out of print and unlikely to be re-pressed anytime soon. The band members have not been very communicative about why they can't seem to agree to keep it in print.

I paid $50 for this thing the first time it went out of print, it's probably fetching even higher prices than that now on eBay.

Indeed:

£127 (about $250) for a mint first-pressing vinyl copy with a few stickers and such thrown in Shocked

Edited by Mascodagama - March 28 2007 at 18:41
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Ghandi 2 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 00:15
Originally posted by JT_Productions JT_Productions wrote:

I saw that I could download it (the whole album) from a site called www.allofmp3.com but I'm not sure if I trust the site. Has anyone had any dealings with them?
It's a Russian site that uses loopholes in the terrible Russian copyright laws to ell music cheap. The artist gets no money, and it is of very questionable legality in the US and of questionable morality anywhere. The WTO was upset about it a little while back.
Pnoom! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 11:46
^^^

Indeed.  I used to download from that site, so I can tell you that it will work and they won't cheat *YOU*, but they will cheat the artists.

Don't use it.

EDIT:  Interesting point, Phileas.  Fine, don't use the site for anything other than Anglagard...

EDIT EDIT:  Actually, just don't use the site, because supporting what they do to artists who would otherwise receive money is bad.

Edited by inpraiseoffolly - March 29 2007 at 11:58
Philéas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 11:52
In the case of this album, it doesn't matter whether he downloads it from that site or buys a second hand copy, the artists don't recieve any money in either case.

Counter argument: "But the second hand CD has been paid for by someone"

Well, Allofmp3's files must be sourced from a legally purchased copy aswell, don't you think?
progreviews View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 14:26
I agree that you shouldn't use allofmp3.com since they basically just rip off artists left and right. However, if you can get someone to copy out-of-print CDs for you I think that's fine as long as, if the album is then legitimately reissued, you purchase the reissue or destroy your copy. That way you're not ripping off the artist in any way.

I know folks on this site copy a lot of music illegally, and I don't make any judgments on that, but it's important for those of us who have the financial means that we support the artists so they can continue giving us more great music!

Sorry, seriously off topic... hopefully Anglagard will get their act together and reissue their CDs (and maybe their now-legendary NEARfest performance!) so we won't have to talk about this anymore with regards to ther music.
JT_Productions View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 17:52
Sorry that this has turned into a debate on music copying but just for the record I won't do it if it's not legal, so thanks for the head's up. I want the artist's to get paid for their songs. Some have offered to file share the music which I appreciate but I've decided I want the CD with the jacket and the artwork that I can hold in my hands, not a CDR with words drawn on it with a marker. Anyway I ordered "Buried Alive" and that should hold me for now, at least until I find a copy someday which I'm sure I will.
Thanks for the all the info. JT
FruMp View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 04:33
I'm glad to see there are people with good souls out there who legitimately buy all their music.

I'm sad to say that I'm not one of them, it's just too hard to find the music I want legitimately, I don't have the money and I can treat burnt CDs like crap.

Some day when if and when I have money I might start buying CDs.
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 11:21
Originally posted by Philéas Philéas wrote:

In the case of this album, it doesn't matter whether he downloads it
from that site or buys a second hand copy, the artists don't recieve
any money in either case.

Counter argument: "But the second hand CD has been paid for by someone"

Well, Allofmp3's files must be sourced from a legally purchased copy aswell, don't you think?

THe point is that a second hand copy is a legally produced copy. Think of it this way. You can buy a legal print of a painting, and even sell it to someone else, but you can't make other prints from it.

Post Reply Post Reply