Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedManeige Members at FMPM for Album Launch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nao/Gilles View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maneige Members at FMPM for Album Launch
    Posted: April 27 2007 at 11:56
Originally posted by The Rock The Rock wrote:

Serge Fiori and Pierre Flynn???
They would probably charge more than all bands playing the fest put together!

Well, them, and the aforementioned Maneige + SMM, would be enough to convince me to buy a plane ticket and fly from France to attend the festival ;)

Well, then again, it'd be best if they all came to France... But I'm afraid this'll never happen. Only a couple of Quebec stars made it to France, like Charlebois.

(Am I thinking out loud? Oops!)

French-speaking blog, reviews and streaming samples
smcfee View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 23:04
Hi,

We have not figured out who all the guests will be at this point. One idea was to have something with mostly drummers. Maybe that will result in too many drumming jokes, I'm not sure :).

Regards,
Sean
The Rock View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2007 at 21:53
Serge Fiori and Pierre Flynn???
They would probably charge more than all bands playing the fest put together!
What's gonna come out of my mouth is gonna come out of my soul."Skip Prokop"
Progfans View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2007 at 15:05
I got my tickets for Rush in Quebec Friday 14 and my gold ticket for FMPM... That will be THE PROGRESSIVE WEEK END
Sean can you give more information about the guest for this year... ''The Convention des Pionniers de la musique progressive'' last year was a great experience but was too short. Do this with others pionners like Pierre Flynn or Serge Fiori would be great.

La cuisine c,est comme l,amour, il faut y croire pour que ca marche
smcfee View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2007 at 13:21
Hi,

I will probably see Rush in Ottawa, don't think I will get to see Genesis this time around which is too bad, but I couldn't really afford the seats I would have wanted. I assume there will be a DVD I can get after for $15 if the setlist merits it :).

Regards,
Sean
Prog.Sylvie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2007 at 12:48
I will be at the fest on the 15 and 16 of september, but I will be at the Big O for Genesis on the 14 th. I could not restrain myself for the Genesis show. It will be an event.

On the other hand, I am sure that the prog.fest will be something far more better...  
C'est la vie
The Rock View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2007 at 07:01
Wow that sounds good.I alreary have my tickets and can't wait.Let's just hope that true prog fans will choose FMPM over Genesis(sept.14) and Rush(sept.15) and prey to god that no other major acts will schedule a show on Sunday sept.16!
What's gonna come out of my mouth is gonna come out of my soul."Skip Prokop"
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 21:58

This sounds like it's going to be a great event, especially with bands like these.

Looking forward to those two reissues of Maneige!

smcfee View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 21:52
Hello,

FMPM 2007 will be the place to be for fans of the great Montreal progressive rock band Maneige. The festival will coincide with the reissue of two highly anticipated albums on the ProgQuebec label. These consist of the first two Maneige albums from 1975, the self-titled debut and Les Porches.

For this occasion we will be joined by original Maneige members Alain Bergeron, Jérôme Langlois, Yves Léonard, Gilles Schetagne, and Paul Picard. They will be around to talk with festival attendees, sign some CDs, and help us celebrate Quebec progressive music past and present. The two Maneige CDs are the studio-recorded legacy of the early formation of the band, weaving several themes into long instrumental chamber-rock pieces. The reissues of Maneige and Les Porches have been highly anticipated, and ProgQuebec is proud to have licensed these from EMI Canada, as announced earlier this year.

ProgQuebec also plans on releasing a new album by Jérôme Langlois, Live au FMPM, containing his acclaimed performance at last year's FMPM 2006, which includes dynamic arrangements of several tracks from the studio album Molignak as well as material from Maneige and predecessor band Lasting Weep. A second "bonus" CD will feature the reissue of Langlois' 1984 solo piano album Thèmes, which will be augmented by several other unreleased compositions from the 1970s. It is worth noting that Langlois, Schetagne, and Picard performed together last year and are featured on Live au FMPM.

FMPM 2007, taking place at the Centre Pierre Peladeau (300 de Maisonneuve Est) in Montreal, will feature British groups the Strawbs and IQ, Swedish avant-rock legends Samla Mammas Manna, and Quebec prog groups Mirodor, Nathan Mahl, the Ville Emard Blues Band, and Hamadryad. Tickets are on sale at www.progquebec.com and www.admission.com. For more information about FMPM 2007 check out our web-site at www.fmpm.net.

Regards,
Sean
 Post Reply Post Reply