Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUzva and Tasavallan Presidentti (Lahti, Fin)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uzva and Tasavallan Presidentti (Lahti, Fin)
    Posted: August 20 2007 at 05:44
Hello!

Next Friday (the 24th of August) is probably just another day for the mankind, but for us it's a dream come true:

Uzva is performing live with the best - the legendary Finnish progband Tasavallan Presidentti! Clap

Founded in 1969, TP was one of the two prog giants in Finland in the 70's (the other one being Wigwam). If you are unfamiliar with the band, check out at least their masterpiece LP Lambertland (1972, released also on CD)!

Uzva, on the other hand, was founded in 1994 and is one of the most active and serious prog/jazzrock bands in Finland nowadays. So far, we've released three albums and played in Italy, Slovenia, Germany and USA. One of the most important influences for us is Tasavallan Presidentti, so this gig is really an honour for us! This time Uzva will be eight musicians on stage (2 guitars, saxophone/flute, violin, trombone, marimba/vibraphone, bass and drums).

So - if you can - come see the show!

Place: Alex Park Hotel (Aleksanterinkatu 6, Lahti, Finland)

Time: Friday the 24th of August

All the best,

Lauri / Uzva

www.uzva.org
www.myspace.com/uzva
Passionist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 16:50
Sounds awesome. I'll have to see if I can persuade some of my mates to join me for a trip to Lahti. at least I have this friday free, so I just might come :) It's been a while since I last saw either of the bands... (6 months or so)
 Post Reply Post Reply