Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New album additions by PA members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 42>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 08:13
Fairly minor one is this, since it's only a Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo release, and hasn't received any ratings or reviews in the five years since it was issued - but I heard a track from it playing on Morow this afternoon, and liked what I heard, so I looked it up.

The EP doesn't appear to be available to purchase or stream anywhere anymore since the band's label 10T Records threw in the towel a little under three years ago, but it's still listed on spotify with the track timings, even though we can't actually play the audio anymore: https://open.spotify.com/album/7oEq79VF9qO7rm00zmQ6p2.

1. Out Of The Storm (4:38)
2. The Truth Remains (4:31)
3. Send Your Angels (4:39)

Might as well add the times to the album now, before all traces of its existence disappear on line for ever.

Fairly decent band to check out for anyone who enjoys their Rush.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 08:20
Thx
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 11:57
One for a rainy afternoon, when the missus is having her hair done, and there's nothing any good on the telly. Ermm

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=3026 - quite a few of the albums from the 2013 'Frozen Day' album have been added by the same guy, with no real regard to the correct formatting instructions...and there are quite a number of them!

The info itself seems to be correct from a quick check of a few albums, but they all need a bit of general tidying up when someone has an hour or two to spare. The earlier albums seem to be OK, but again there are quite a few to work through to be entirely sure of this.

Edited by yam yam - September 21 2018 at 12:03
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2018 at 10:05
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=34103 - No track times.

1. Blind Me (4:09)
2. Busy Being Somebody Else (5:30)
3. Out of Reach (6:02)
4. When Angels Refuse to Fly (5:42)
5. I Lost Myself Today (4:32)
6. Keep Breathing (1.56)
7. Down on My Knees (9:02)
8. Save Us... (3:48)
9. Embrace/Erase/Replace/Embrace (2:52)
10. Tired and Ashamed (5:27)
11. Open Your Eyes (5:20)
12. Nothing More (4:09)

Guest musicians info is missing, the album was self-released (not 'Shopping'), the current biography is totally inadequate and the band's current official website link on our page leads to a 404 error (it has the extension .html intsead of .php, though it would be getter to just give the link as http://www.forallweknow.net/).

Guest vocalists & musicians on S/T debut album:

- Daniel Gildenlöw (Pain Of Salvation) / vocals on 'Keep Breathing'
- Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation) / vocals on 'Keep Breathing'
- Damian Wilson (Threshold, Ayreon, Maiden uniteD) / backing vocals, vocals on 'Keep Breathing'
- Ruud Houweling (Cloudmachine) / vocals on 'Keep Breathing'
- Anke Derks / vocals on 'Keep Breathing '
- Tom Sikkers (Daybroke) / vocals on 'Keep Breathing'
- John Wesley (Porcupine Tree) / lead guitar on 'I Lost Myself Today'
- Richie Faulkner (Judas Priest) / lead guitar on 'Busy Being Somebody Else'
- Camilla van der Kooij / violin

Biography below is from the official website, with a few quick minor changes, but still mainly a copy & paste. Might be worth asking permission to use it first via https://www.facebook.com/forallweknowmusic/.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For All We Know is a project by WITHIN TEMPTATION guitarist Ruud JOLIE. He has recorded a lot of songs and albums with other artists, but the urge to write and record his own material has always been present. For All We Know’s self-titled debut album was self-released in April 2011, featuring a star-studded cast consisting of Jermain VAN DER BOGT aka WUDSTIK (AYREON) on vocals, Kristoffer GILDENLÖW (DIAL, PAIN OF SALVATION) on bass, Leo MARGARIT (PAIN OF SALVATION) on drums, Thijs SCHRIJNEMAKERS (STEREO, ORGEL VRETEN) on Hammond organ, and Marco KUYPERS (CLOUDMACHINE) on piano and Rhodes.

As if that's not an impressive enough lineup already, guest vocalists Daniel GILDENLÖW (PAIN OF SALVATION), Sharon DEN ADEL (WITHIN TEMPTATION), Damian WILSON (THRESHOLD, AYREON), Ruud HOUWELING (CLOUDMACHINE), Anke DERKS, and Tom SIKKERS (DAYBROKE) took part in the making of the album, and guest musicians John WESLEY, Richie FAULKNER, and Camilla VAN DER KOOIJ also contributed.

Afterwards the urge to write and release more of his own music was very strong, so Jolie started working on his second album 'Take Me Home' which was released on CD and digital format on 8 September 2017. 

For the music and lyrics of the album Jolie collaborated once again with Dutch vocalist Jermain VAN DER BOGT (WUDSTIK). The band itself consisted of the same main musicians that played on the first album; Léo MARGARIT (PAIN OF SALVATION), Kristoffer GILDENLÖW (ex PAIN OF SALVATION), Marco KUYPERS (ex CLOUDMACHINE) and Thijs SCHRIJNEMAKERS (ORGEL VRETEN). The excellent Anneke VAN GIERSBERGEN is featured on the album as guest vocalist.

During the last five years this album was created both when Jolie was on the road with various bands (WITHIN TEMPTATION, THE GENTLE STORM, MAIDEN UNITED, etc.) and in his own studio in the Netherlands.

The 12 songs range from dark, atmospheric and dreamily acoustic to bright, heavy and pounding progressive metal tracks and were produced by Jolie himself. In comparison to the first album, 'Take Me Home' takes things more into the extremes; heavy songs are heavier and softer songs are softer; and everything in between of course.

In early summer 2017 For All We Know’s sophomore album 'Take Me Home' was successfully crowdfunded on Indiegogo. €12.849 was raised, being 143% of the campaign goal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by yam yam - September 23 2018 at 10:39
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2018 at 12:30
^ All done, I think, thanks mate.

(paid some attention to the other album as well)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2018 at 12:35
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

One for a rainy afternoon, when the missus is having her hair done, and there's nothing any good on the telly. Ermm

Can't find the disposition, right now, maybe as you say when the rain comes LOL
Hope someone (you?) comes forward with enough time and will ...
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2018 at 17:38
^ I have the time, but sadly not enough stars over my avatar. It has to be one of you guys with five stars, I'm afraid - all I could do to help would be to make a list of all the album links where attention to the formatting is needed, but one of you guys would still have to make the actual alterations.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2018 at 08:42

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=59080 - No track times.

You can find them here: https://maddermortem.bandcamp.com/album/marrow.

1. Untethered (1:18)
2. Liberator (3:59)
3. Moonlight Over Silver White (5:43)
4. Until You Return (6:40)
5. My Will Be Done (4:13)
6. Far From Home (4:51)
7. Marrow (6:19)
8. White Snow, Red Shadows (4:16)
9. Stumble On (6:33)
10. Waiting to Fall (9:03)
11. Tethered (0:30)

Edit: Band biography is hopelessly out of date (by 12 years!), there have been some line-up changes, more album releases, and indeed there was a change of guitarist as recently as July this year, but it doesn't affect the band line-up as regards this particular album. I will write an updated biography some time tomorrow and post it here - got other stuff to do tonight I'm afraid!

Edited by yam yam - September 27 2018 at 08:43
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2018 at 10:10
^ Done, thanks !

(Looking forward to the new Bio - have a good work...)
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2018 at 10:15
Something along these lines, I guess...

Madder Mortem biography
Founded in Oslo, Norway in 1993

MADDER MORTEM were formed  by siblings Agnete and BP M. KIRKEVAAG in 1993, initially as the doom metal/gothic metal band 'MYSTERY TRIBE'. They recorded a couple of demos, and changed their name to MADDER MORTEM in 1997 before finally releasing their first album 'Mercury' in 1999. Shortly after the album's release their record label closed down, and after some fairly extensive line-up changes they finally got signed to Century Media and released their second album 'All Flesh Is Grass' in 2001, an album which had a heavier sound than the debut. They maintained their style of combining experimental prog metal with symphonic elements, however - sometimes strongly influenced by the more extreme genres of metal - Death, Black - but in a very balanced and artistic way.

Their third album 'Deadlands' was released in October 2002. It was darker and groovier than its predecessor, and was the band's first album release in the US. In February and March 2003 MADDER MORTEM supported OPETH on the European leg of their 'Deliverance' tour as well as playing some other Norwegian gigs, and also a one-off gig in Mexico City.

However, upon their return to Norway from Mexico there were some more big changes brewing in the band. Bass player Pål Mozart BJØRKE announced his decision to leave the band, and guitarist Eirik Ulvo LAGNES left shortly afterwards. Long-time friend of the band Odd Eivind EBESSEN was a very natural choice as replacement guitarist, and another friend Tormod MOSENG joined them on bass.

Their fourth album 'Desiderata' was recorded in April 2004, and was mixed by Fredrik NORDSTRÖM at Studio Fredman in the summer of that year, but MADDER MORTEM and Century Media wanted different things and parted ways. With no record label behind them, the actual release of 'Deisderata' got stalled until they had signed with Peaceville Records in 2005, the record finally being released in the spring of 2006. 

By 2007 most of the material for what would become the fifth album 'Eight Ways' was already written. In 2008 they decided to record the album themselves, with guitarist BP KIRKEVAAG mixing it. The album was released on Peaceville Records in spring 2009.

In may 2010 Peaceville released the 'Where Dream And Day Collide' EP for which MADDER MORTEM had recorded three new songs. A bit later the same year they played the Inferno Metal Festival in Oslo for the second time, but soon after the festival guitarist Odd Eivind EBESSEN made the decision to leave. He was replaced  by longtime friend Patrick SCANTLEBURY of the band FRANTIC BLEEP.

In February 2012 they began recording their 6th album 'Red In Tooth And Claw', once again doing the whole thing themselves. Unfortunately, guitarist Patrick SCANTLEBURY, who had played a great part in writing the album, left in 2013 before they could release it. He was eventually replaced in July 2014 by Richard WIKSTRAND (formerly of CHROME DIVISION), and in 2015 the band signed with Norwegian label Dark Essence Records, with 'Red In Tooth And Claw' being released on October 28, 2016.

MADDER MORTEM's seventh full album 'Marrow' was released via Dark Essence Records on 21 September 2018. The eleven-track album is complex, covering a wide variety of genres and sounds that range from moments of folk/prog to avant-garde.  From delicate ballads to harsh metal, Agnete M. KIRKEVAAG’s dynamic and immensely powerful vocals, are, as always, at the fore on an album that is more doomy than its predecessor, as well as being at times both heavier and catchier.

In July 2018 MADDER MORTEM announced that guitarist Richard Wikstrand would be leaving the band to coincide with the release of the new album 'Marrow', having made the decision to put his family first now that momentum was picking up again regarding live performances. Richard's replacement is Anders LANGBERG of SOULS OF TIDE. Anders filled in for Richard on the second leg of MADDER MORTEM’s tour with SOEN in 2017, and with 14 live dates already under his belt, the Madders are confident he’ll be a great asset to the band.

Discography:
Mercury (Studio, 1999)
All Flesh Is Grass (Studio, 2001)
Deadlands (Studio, 2003)
Desiderata (Studio, 2006)
Eight Ways (Studio, 2009)
Red In Tooth And Claw (Studio, 2016)
Marrow (Studio, 2018)

Edited by yam yam - September 28 2018 at 10:30
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2018 at 15:12
^ Good, good - I'll upload it right away and credit your authorship.

(Let me make note the album's list is superfluous and possibly soon outdated - I'm much in favor of letting it out if you don't mind)

Edited by Quinino - September 28 2018 at 15:20
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2018 at 16:08
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

Let me make note the album's list is superfluous and possibly soon outdated - I'm much in favor of letting it out if you don't mind
Agreed - I more or less kept the original biography intact (with just a few added bits of info) and then carried on from there with the band's later history. I only included the list of albums again because it was there in the original. (I forgot to include the EP in the list anyway lol!)

Edited by yam yam - September 28 2018 at 16:08
earlyprog View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Neo / PSIKE / Heavy Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlyprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2018 at 07:28
I accidentally added The Who's 'Substitute' single as an album. I do not have permission to edit the entry. 

Could someone rectify the entry, thanks.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2018 at 07:39
^ Done thx

(you shouldn't be very proud of the way you filled the page there, anyway, are you?)
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2018 at 09:04
To earlyprog - quite an ugly addition:

Please read this thread before adding other releases.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
wiz_d_kidd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2018 at 08:41
New single from The Psychedelic Ensemble.  Please let me know when it has posted as I have a review ready for it.  Thanks!

Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2018

Songs / Tracks Listing

1. Blind Mice (4:17)

Total Time 4:17

Line-up / Musicians

- The Psychedelic Ensemble / All instruments
- Davis Brooks / Violin

Release information

May 28, 2018
Glowing Sky Records
Format: Digital

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2018 at 12:56
^ Dude, you can do it yourself, try to do it right with full info please.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2018 at 13:00
^OK. The "Add new albums" hyperlink completely eluded me. Found it. Did it. Done.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2018 at 14:01
^ Good, well done ! Wink

Please try to do clean, well formatted additions - we have a comprehensive guide here:

But you can get a good idea by peeking one of my own excellent examples LOL (or else I will come after you, punk !)

Edited by Quinino - December 07 2018 at 14:04
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2018 at 06:07
^ Yeah, I found the guide. I was just missing the "Add..." link. And FWIW, I'm a year older than you, punk! Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 42>