Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTalisma

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Talisma
    Posted: October 11 2007 at 13:54
Ok, I don't know who posted the streaming Talisma piece, but I did not need to get hooked on another new prog band! Angry

On the bright side they only have two albums out so far and a bunch of free MP3s from those two at their site.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 14:01
Ok, none of the MP3 links work on their site.  Cry
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 14:07
I have both and they're stunning (check my CHROMIUM review)
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 14:18

Man, Parallel Mind is pretty good, too.  I've got to take a vaction from this site.

Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 14:23
The prog metal track by Dynamic Lights after that sounded good, too.  I'm going to have to make a strategic retreat back to my collection.  Flight of the Cosmic Hippo take me away. LOL

Edited by Slartibartfast - October 11 2007 at 14:24

Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 19:14
Well first thing when I got home was order both Talisma albums and the Parallel Mind album.  Thanks again to whoever posted those streaming tracks.  I can hardly wait until they get here.

FYI the mp3 links at the band's website don't work but you can hear more streaming samples the Unicorn Digital site.

Edited by Slartibartfast - October 11 2007 at 19:25

TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 01:25
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Well first thing when I got home was order both Talisma albums and the Parallel Mind album.  Thanks again to whoever posted those streaming tracks.  I can hardly wait until they get here.

FYI the mp3 links at the band's website don't work but you can hear more streaming samples the Unicorn Digital site.

I have posted most of the tracks on the streaming player lately.I am trying to give some exposure to some of the great bands on this site that some people might not know of or hear otherwise.

This thread just made my work worthwile,I am glad you enjoyed them.

If you like Parallel Mind check out their bass player William Kopecky's band Kopecky,that is comprised of him and his brothers.More good instrumental prog(they also have a stream I put up on their band page).

Edited by TheProgtologist - October 12 2007 at 01:27

Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 10:39
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

I have posted most of the tracks on the streaming player lately.I am trying to give some exposure to some of the great bands on this site that some people might not know of or hear otherwise.

This thread just made my work worthwile,I am glad you enjoyed them.

If you like Parallel Mind check out their bass player William Kopecky's band Kopecky,that is comprised of him and his brothers.More good instrumental prog(they also have a stream I put up on their band page).

I'll keep that in mind but please give me a little time to get hooked on those two first. Big%20smile

Post Reply Post Reply