Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIluvatar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iluvatar
    Posted: February 17 2008 at 20:48
With the purchase of A Story Two Days Wide, and then a couple of weeks later getting the disc Children, I've really had a good time discovering this band for myself. I've also ordered the recently declared out-of-print debut CD Same, which should be here shortly. As you can see, I have dove head first and enjoying what I'm hearing.

I have noticed, however, that their site has been untouched for a while, and although there are rumblings of a new disc, I haven't heard anything concrete. Anyone have information pertaining to their status and/or new CD?

E    
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 18:03
I have a couple of samplers from the Kinesis label/website that included a song or 2 from Iluvatar.  That label had some really nice lesser known bands on it.  I should see if I can track down a brochure that I had from them and compare it with PA to see if there are any bands that need adding.  I know Kinesis still exists as a prog CD store but I don't think that they are releasing albums any more.  I know I own a couple albums from the Kinesis label like Ring of Myth and Cathedral (US 90's).  I think that the Rocket Scientists were originally on that label also.  Back to the subject at hand, I don't think that I have ever tracked anything else down from Iluvatar, but I remember they were one of the more impressive bands on the samplers, and there were a lot of impressive bands.
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 18:15
I have Iluvatar, Children, and Story Two Days Wide. All are good, if nothing really spectacular.
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 23:25
They are from my hometown of Baltimore and I am friends with a few band members.I'll try to get in touch and if I hear anything about a new album I'll let you guys know.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic