Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wojtek Szadkowski(Satellite etc.)Strawberry Fields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWojtek Szadkowski(Satellite etc.)Strawberry Fields

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wojtek Szadkowski(Satellite etc.)Strawberry Fields
    Posted: November 27 2008 at 10:51
Strawberry Fields… It does sound familiar, doesn’t it? The Beatles’ association is obvious for most of you but it’s not correct this time. Strawberry Fields is a rock band from Poland.... Formed in 2008 by a highly acclaimed musician Wojtek Szadkowski (Collage, Satellite, Peter Pan), fascinated with the voice of Robin (Marta Kniewska).

Strawberry Fields’ music is a strange blend of the old and the new, of rock guitars and soft keyboards, loops and psychedelic soundscapes. But what is most important here is the magical voice of Robin, a beautiful female lead singer. On the band’s debut album entitled “Rivers Gone Dry” Marta is supported by the intelligent guitar play of Sarhan Kubeisi (Satellite), simple yet effective bass lines of Jarek Michalski (Satellite), and Wojtek Szadkowski's drums. Guest appearance was done by keyboardist Krzyś Palczewski (Satellite). It’s a perfect album for the lovers of such bands as Goldfrapp, Portishead or Massive Attack. Marta’s voice will also satisfy fans of Anneke van Giersbergen (The Gathering/ Agua De Annique).

Robin. Photo by Paweł Głogowski www.perspektywa.net

Robin: “This album is my debut as a singer and lyrics writer. It’s a new and thrilling experience for me. Writing lyrics makes you a part of the song, makes the song a part of you. I wanted them to be a part of me. All lyrics are about things that I find important at this stage of my life, things that made me the person I am now. Most, but not all, of them are based on my own experience and reflect the thoughts that have been haunting me for a long time and which I have had no opportunity to reveal or would not normally reveal. They refer to the existential unrest, end of earthly life and immense longing for reconciliation. Writing these lyrics made me feel relieved to some extent, as if through them I could reach the ones they are addressed to. But there are also some more optimistic ones, which praise human relations as the mainstay.”

“Rivers Gone Dry” will be released by Metal Mind Productions in early February 2009 (US release date is set for 10th March 2009). More details to follow soon.

All Metal Mind Productions - Promo Dept.
POLAND
Plankowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 14:49

aw man.  Sounds like a great project and can't wait to get my hands on it.  Thanks for the info Easy! 

Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 04:44
Wojtek Szadkowski, a highly acclaimed musician (Collage, Peter Pan) and a leader of one of the art/prog rock bands – Satellite, returns with a new fascinating project – Strawberry Fields.

The band’s debut album entitled “Rivers Gone Dry” will be released by Metal Mind Productions on 26th January 2009 in Europe and 10th March 2009 in USA (via MVD). The band revealed the cover artwork for the album:

Strawberry Fields’ music is a strange blend of the old and the new, of rock guitars and soft keyboards, loops and psychedelic soundscapes. But what is most important here is the magical voice of Robin (Marta Kniewska), a beautiful female lead singer. On the band’s debut album entitled “Rivers Gone Dry” Marta is supported by the intelligent guitar play of Sarhan Kubeisi (Satellite), simple yet effective bass lines of Jarek Michalski (Satellite), and Wojtek Szadkowski's drums. Guest appearance was done by keyboardist Krzyś Palczewski (Satellite). It’s a perfect album for the lovers of such bands as Goldfrapp, Portishead or Massive Attack. Marta’s voice will also satisfy fans of Anneke van Giersbergen (The Gathering/ Agua De Annique).

And today you can hear the title track taken from “Rivers Gone Dry”  on the MMP’s myspace profile: www.myspace.com/metalmindproductions

Metal Mind Productions - Promo Dept.
POLAND
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 04:50
So we get this and a new Satellite album to kick off 2009.  Sweet.

Nice track on that myspace too
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 13:05
As previously announced Strawberry Fields’ debut album entitled “Rivers Gone Dry” will be released by Metal Mind Productions on 26th January in Europe and 10th March in USA (via MVD). The band recently joined Myspace community. By the following link: www.myspace.com/strawberryfieldspoland you can see recent updates from Strawberry Fields, a wide selection of promo photos, listen to selected samples of their forthcoming album. 

Strawberry Fields – this fascinating project was created by Wojtek Szadkowski, a highly acclaimed musician known best from his work with Collage, Satellite or Peter Pan. The band’s music is a strange blend of the old and the new, of rock guitars and soft keyboards, loops and psychedelic soundscapes. But what is most important here is the magical voice of Robin (Marta Kniewska), a beautiful female lead singer. On the band’s debut album entitled “Rivers Gone Dry” Marta is supported by the intelligent guitar play of Sarhan Kubeisi (Satellite), simple yet effective bass lines of Jarek Michalski (Satellite), and Wojtek Szadkowski's drums. Guest appearance was done by keyboardist Krzyś Palczewski (Satellite). It’s a perfect album for the lovers of such bands as Goldfrapp, Portishead or Massive Attack. Marta’s voice will also satisfy fans of Anneke van Giersbergen (The Gathering/ Agua De Annique).

Strawberry Fields
“Rivers Dry Gone”

Label: Metal Mind Records
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0652
Barcode: 5907785033962
Format: CD
Genre: atmospheric rock
Release date: 26.01.2009 Europe / 10.03.2009 USA

Tracklist:

1. Your Story
2. Close
3. River's Gone Dry
4. Fool
5. Moon
6. Beautiful
7. Open Your Eyes
8. Maybe
9. Flow

--------------------------------------

POLAND

Edited by Easy Livin - January 08 2009 at 13:07
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2009 at 03:15
Strawberry Fields’ debut album entitled “Rivers Gone Dry” is already available in European shops (US release date is set for 10th). The band has recently shot a video to the track “Moon”. You can watch it today by visiting Metal Mind Productions’ official profile on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalMindPoland

Wojtek Szadkowski, a highly acclaimed musician (Collage, Peter Pan) and a leader of one of the art/prog rock bands – Satellite, returns with a new fascinating project. Strawberry Fields’ music is a strange blend of the old and the new, of rock guitars and soft keyboards, loops and psychedelic soundscapes. But what is most important here is the magical voice of Robin (Marta Kniewska), a beautiful female lead singer. On the band’s debut album entitled “Rivers Gone Dry” Marta is supported by the intelligent guitar play of Sarhan Kubeisi (Satellite), simple yet effective bass lines of Jarek Michalski (Satellite), beautiful keyboard parts by Krzysiek Palczewski (Satellite) and Wojtek Szadkowski's drums. It’s a perfect album for the lovers of such bands as Goldfrapp, Portishead or Massive Attack. Marta’s voice will also satisfy fans of Anneke van Giersbergen (The Gathering/ Agua De Annique).

POLAND
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2009 at 03:43
I was a bit impatient and tried to import it, but the website to order it from had way too many hoops to jump through to get it, I'll have to wait for the USA release date, can't wait to get it...
 Post Reply Post Reply