Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLiquid Tension Experiment and Rhapsody in Blue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liquid Tension Experiment and Rhapsody in Blue
    Posted: April 27 2009 at 23:38

Rhapsody In Blue has to be one of my favorite pieces ever since I got into it about a year ago when I started playing Gershwin on the piano. I recently found LTE played an arrangement of it, and found a split up recording of it on Youtube. I have to say it sounds pretty cool. You wouldn't expect it to be all that great, and that Petrucci, Rudess, or Portnoy would go over the top with it. Either that, or the modern style of it wouldn't match the orchestral nature of the piece. However, it isn't played note-for-note, and I find their interpretation really cool.

First off, I was hoping for some opinions of this interpretation. Second and less important, maybe if anyone knew anywhere I could get a recording of it, that would be great. Or if I could find a download somewhere, that'd be good too.

Mr ProgFreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 01:17
I think they did a very good job!Clap

I'm a big fan of Gershwin and that composition in particular, and I think that they really managed to capture the essence of it and blend in the rock band component.
 Post Reply Post Reply