This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The music of Syrinx
    Posted: May 25 2009 at 10:59
SYRINX

Not really a poll, more a way to attract attention to this wonderful French group and their music (and their "relatives" Nil and Thork).
They have two releases to their credit now, both magnificent, acoustic guitar and synths lead instrumental magic.

http://www.syrinx-aeon.com/
http://www.myspace.com/levingtiemecercle

PA bio:

Keeping their anonymity, SYRINX are comprised of four musicians playing acoustic guitar, bass guitar, keyboards, drums and occasional flute. SYRINX normally is a nymph who works in the world of sound creation. As musicians, they are obviously influenced by all sort of music. The musical construction of SYRINX is called "METAMORPHIC MUSIC" lending within a different texture to the complex arrangements. Therefore, it is not impossible that in the near future other people will contribute to exploring this new "world". An excellent instrumental band between PRIAM and TAAL, but more melodic.

THE METAMORPHIC MUSIC:

"Inspired by Aeon SYRINX, this musical creation tends to restore Life to she who was named SYRINX, by spreading vibrations formed by sounds and rhythms organized according to particular patterns. "Reification" represents a first stage, which will later allow the Mysteries of SYRINX to be progressively unveiled.
Several fragments of SYRINX message have reached us. The music resulting from their transcription has proven to be rich, complex and melodious. Yet, as a whole it belongs to no existing style.
This work inaugurates a new musical trend named "Metamorphic Music", whose influence on the environment shall condition the listener, in order to produce a succession of exterior and interior transmulations".

To recapture all of the original aura, "Reification's" project is an instrumental progressive album within a complex progressive, jazz-rock-fusion domain with delicate acoustic interludes. Now, it's up to every listener to say what kind of mood this music puts him in. It is definitely worth a listening into the sphere of jazz if you're not afraid of being transmuted. This work will be pursued in a second album stemming from fragments. SYRINX are close to or similar from another excellent French band NIL. Thankfully, I have to say that the music is worthy of note as well as the artwork and the SYRINX's "complex" website.

4.39 | 10 ratings
Reification

4.62 | 4 ratings
Qualia

Enjoy your discovery!

Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 23:22
Hi Avestin!  I can't pick between the two,i really can't.  I know your not interested in a winner anyway so let me just say the music on these two discs are atmospheric and at times dark with incredible drum and bass work.And the acoustic guitar will leave you speechless.
THORK and NIL(related projects) are different yet no less brilliant. Everyone needs to hear these bands!!
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 09:41
Originally posted by sinkadotentree sinkadotentree wrote:

Hi Avestin!  I can't pick between the two,i really can't.  I know your not interested in a winner anyway so let me just say the music on these two discs are atmospheric and at times dark with incredible drum and bass work.And the acoustic guitar will leave you speechless.
THORK and NIL(related projects) are different yet no less brilliant. Everyone needs to hear these bands!!

Thanks for replying John. Smile

I was listening yesterday to their albums as I needed music to calm down (some hectic times on my end lately) and I have to say, their music has a soothing effect, in addition to being magically beautiful.
The use of acoustic guitar and keyboards, intertwining and complementing each other is done in a marvelous way. It takes a while to be able to digest it and be able to follow the thread of each piece, as they are quite lengthy. But when one does, it's bliss.

Hope more folks here in the forum give this band a listen.
Links are in the opening post.

Post Reply Post Reply