Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPoS was going to Tour in the U.S.?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: PoS was going to Tour in the U.S.?!?!?
    Posted: July 24 2009 at 06:51
Check out the Prog metal thread in the news section, theres a big post with a lot of news from PoS.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Michelle1PA View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2009 at 20:44
Oh, six weeks? Phew...I'm glad to hear it's not indefinately delayed. Thanks for the information. :)
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2009 at 10:43
^Well, its still expected to be out for the autumn, its just going to be delayed by about 6 weeks or so.

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2009 at 10:36
I was really looking forward to that new album :(
Well, I told myself that I wasn't going to spend any more money on music for the next year, so hopefully by then they'll be able to get it finished somehow.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2009 at 10:31
Apparantly they had 4 big tours lined up this year, so Asia was definite possibility with that, but now that SPV has gone bankrupt its all on hold, that includes mastering the new album.Ouch

Lodij van der Graaf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2009 at 01:54
I hope they're willing to take chances to play Indonesia, if there's an opportunity...
Grace is a name,
like Chastity,
like Lucifer,
like mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
daslaf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 18:57

oh man I hope these guys show their faces on South America ¬¬

But now my branches suffer
And my leaves don't bear the glow
They did so long ago
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 18:48
That was temporary, during the Bush administration. Now they're willing to tour here again.
Lodij van der Graaf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 12:11
I thought that Pain Of Salvation won't tour the United States... Disappointed....
Grace is a name,
like Chastity,
like Lucifer,
like mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2009 at 10:44
I was so thrilled about this show: I've attempted to see Dream Theater live three times previously, either due to finances or circumstance. I couldn't believe Pain of Salvation was coming back to the US, these are two of my top four or five favorite bands.

Unfortunately, none of the tour dates were close by so we were going to have to travel. Opportunity came up to see the Red Wings in the Finals, and we couldn't afford to do both events. After much deliberation, I chose to go to the game. Turns out that it was a good choice, since Pain of Salvation can no longer do the concert.
~Rael~ View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 23:36
I would be going, but DT has once again seen fit to totally ignore the Midwest, and tour in a circle around the region. Me and my dad drove up to Chicago to see them last time (though it was definitely more for Opeth than DT) and would have probably made the trip again if PoS was going to be there.

I really don't get why they avoid St. Louis. There is a perfect venue here that would sell out for sure.
I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress . . .
Plankowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 10:50
I'm a big fan of Scale the Summit and think Big Elf is a good and unique band themselves, still will be a great show I think..

Edited by Plankowner - July 01 2009 at 10:51
Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 09:08

I think my friend has seen ZpZ before and enjoyed it. If it were closer, we'd still go for sure. I missed ZpZ when they played the venue a block from my house, but as part of this bill, maybe I need to go ahead and just enjoy.

You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 08:24
Hi,

If you have not seen Zappa plays Zappa ... you got to!

I would actually like to see a double bill of Zappa plays Zappa and Dream Theater ... that, would be a magical evening and I bet that some folks are gonna join each other's doings ... and DT will have to do a couple of things from Apostrophe for an encore!
Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 08:19
Just to be clear, PoS will not be on the American leg of the tour. I had already bought tickets to the Milwaukee show prior to the cancellation. My friends and I are considering getting a refund. I actually like Bigelf and Scale the Summit, but 4 groups that I it's difficult to travel 300 miles for 4 groups that I like but aren't truly excited about.
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
J-Man View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 07:30
Most prog musicians don't agree with me on politics, but certainly none like Daniel Gildenlow.

I try not to let his awful political views ruin the music. It should only be a matter of time before he realizes Obama is a hell of a lot worse than Bush.

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 07:21
I have a kind of a love / ambivalence relationship with Pain of Salvation.  I love 'Be', I have four of their other albums (12-5, Scarsick, The Perfect Element and Remedy Lane) and I've listened to them all a few times and they're all good enough, but they never end up making my regular rotation.  There's usually ust something that I'd rather listen to.
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
MrEdifus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2009 at 22:29
Originally posted by p0mt3 p0mt3 wrote:

Originally posted by MovingPictures07 MovingPictures07 wrote:

Originally posted by ~Rael~ ~Rael~ wrote:

I also found it ridiculous to punish the fans for something that is out of their control, but I like their music too much to let it get to me. 

Yeah, that's how I see it too.

I've never heard an album of theirs in full though, but I've heard samples from several different albums and wasn't amazed. I still may try them one of these days, but there's just so much music out there that they keep getting knocked down the priorities list.

I was planning on seeing them because I wanted to go to Prognation for DT, ZPZ, and Beardfish so badly, but it turns out I couldn't go because they weren't touring anywhere remotely close (closest was like 5-6 hours away and during the school year).

I do agree with you on his response. Quite weak. However I love the music, so I can't stay away Tongue

I actually had the same experience as you when I initially heard their stuff, but trust me, once you hear an album of theirs in full, you'll appreciate them a lot more. Wink
Exactly. You wouldn't play someone a single track from The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway or Scenes From A Memory and expect them to instantly grasp the genius of the whole. Why would POS's albums be any different?

JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2009 at 22:21

Originally posted by ~Rael~ ~Rael~ wrote:

I also found it ridiculous to punish the fans for something that is out of their control, but I like their music too much to let it get to me. 

Yeah, that's how I see it too.

I've never heard an album of theirs in full though, but I've heard samples from several different albums and wasn't amazed. I still may try them one of these days, but there's just so much music out there that they keep getting knocked down the priorities list.

I was planning on seeing them because I wanted to go to Prognation for DT, ZPZ, and Beardfish so badly, but it turns out I couldn't go because they weren't touring anywhere remotely close (closest was like 5-6 hours away and during the school year).

I do agree with you on his response. Quite weak. However I love the music, so I can't stay away Tongue

I actually had the same experience as you when I initially heard their stuff, but trust me, once you hear an album of theirs in full, you'll appreciate them a lot more. Wink
MovingPictures07 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2009 at 22:10
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

I'm sorry, but I think Daniel's position on not touring a country for reasons like that is absolutely immature and I lose any respect I might have for him as a fellow musician.

I actually haven't discovered them yet for that reason. I usually don't care what the views are of musicians I listen to, but the whole idea that there would be a "political embargo" like that in the first place is ridiculous.
Come on Alex, let's put an embargo on him for sucking. ;-)

LOLLOLLOL

I honestly don't know if he sucks, but what very little bit of Scarsick I heard would be enough to make that worthy. Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>