FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedlooking to get some recording software

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 10:07
well the suggested recording interface (M-Audio Pre USB) is in, the audio tracks sound great (though a little low volume without noise), found out how to rewire Reason into Samplitude Studio 15 so another lost weekend ahead..Ermm

oh well, onward and upward!  Big smile

Edited by mystic fred - September 01 2009 at 10:08
Prog Archives Tour Van
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 14:58
SONAR from Cakewalk takes a bit of beating methinks (Although it is a tad expensive) MIDI and audio integrate seamlessly and the bus routing has been improved beyond recognition in the latest version 8.
e.g. you only need one instance of say, a reverb effect and you can apply as much or as little of the effect to individual tracks. Principle advantage of this method is that it takes the strain off yer processor thus allowing yer mixes to contain LOTS of soft synths and effects etc. If you do overload the processor there is an option to 'freeze' any soft synth tracks you have by bouncing same down to audio thus freeing up the CPU for additional tracks.

I have used most of the MIDI/audio sequencers out there at one time and can honestly say SONAR is probably the most 'musician friendly' one to date. After sales support from the company is pretty damn nifty and there is a very active forum of users on the website that are extremely helpful (and show you how to do things that are sometimes not documented in the manual)

Disclaimer: I have never worked for, dated anyone from, played tennis with or performed babysitting duties for any employees of the Cakewalk company. Big smile
mystic fred View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 13:57
the trouble with these programs is that they all try to be all things to all men - it would be nice to find a stripped down audio-only-no-special-effects program on a "musician's" budget Wink

i settled for Magix Music Studio 2005 Deluxe , it does all i want and more, though i have Reason 3 set up for keyboards on my laptop  (using NNX-T with Hammond Organ and Mello-T expansions) , i just plugged it into my new MAudio Mobile Pre interface or with drums and/or guitar and i was away...

shimple! Big smile

the new Reason "Record" looks very good but £199.00 Confused

Prog Archives Tour Van
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12