Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHorrific Child (RIO)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horrific Child (RIO)
    Posted: September 04 2009 at 20:14
I know, I suggest a lot of bands, but I think they're good. Here's another one called Horrific Child, a French band. They only made one album called L'étrange Mr. Whinster.
Here's a link where you can listen to their whole album: http://quebecprog.blogspot.com/2009/05/horri76.html

Edited by Tsevir Leirbag - September 05 2009 at 20:14
Les mains, les pieds balancés
Sur tant de mers, tant de planchers,
Un marin mort,
Il dormira

- Paul Éluard
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 20:38
Merci Gabriel, I'll check it out shortly.
Tsevir Leirbag View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 20:43

Mais de rien. Thanks Wink

Un marin mort,
Il dormira

- Paul Éluard
fusionfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 14:45
Originally posted by Tsevir Leirbag Tsevir Leirbag wrote:

I know, I suggest a lot of Québecois bands, but they're good. Here's another one called Horrific Child. They only made one album called L'étrange Mr. Whinster.
Here's a link where you can listen to their whole album: http://quebecprog.blogspot.com/2009/05/horri76.html
Hi Gabriel I'm Yann(aka fusionfreak).Thanks for the suggestion,a very wise one.This album is great,Jean Pierre Masseria did a fine job.By the way you seem to know lots of bands,what do you think of Excubus?
I was born in the land of Mahavishnu,not so far from Kobaia.I'm looking for the world

of searchers with the help from

crimson king
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 17:43
I first read about them on the WMFU blog and understood they were French? Well, one learns everyday.
Just listening to the tracks on your blog. Weird stuff.
Tsevir Leirbag View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 20:11
Originally posted by fusionfreak fusionfreak wrote:

I know, I suggest a lot of Québecois bands, but they're good. Here's another one called Horrific Child. They only made one album called L'étrange Mr. Whinster.
Hi Gabriel I'm Yann(aka fusionfreak).Thanks for the suggestion,a very wise one.This album is great,Jean Pierre Masseria did a fine job.By the way you seem to know lots of bands,what do you think of Excubus?

It's a great band! I'm going to see them live in a week. It'll be amazing, I'm sure. I think it's pretty weird that a band that split up in 1974 got back together two years ago to complete the album, and make it as good as it would have been back then. Mais je ne m'en plaint pas. Tongue What do you think of them?
You also should check my Québec Prog Appreciation Thread, lots of great bands cited there.

Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

I first read about them on the WMFU blog and understood they were French? Well, one learns everyday.

Oops, yeah I read that they were French.... After having posted my suggestion. I also found some similarities with Étron Fou Leloublan.

Edited by Tsevir Leirbag - September 05 2009 at 20:13
Un marin mort,
Il dormira

- Paul Éluard
fusionfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 05:25

Originally posted by fusionfreak fusionfreak wrote:

It's a great band! I'm going to see them live in a week. It'll be amazing, I'm sure. I think it's pretty weird that a band that split up in 1974 got back together two years ago to complete the album, and make it as good as it would have been back then. Mais je ne m'en plaint pas. Tongue What do you think of them?
You also should check my Québec Prog Appreciation Thread, lots of great bands cited there.

Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

Oops, yeah I read that they were French.... After having posted my suggestion. I also found some similarities with Étron Fou Leloublan.
You're lucky to see them live.I think they're a very good band.I bought their cd in the beginning of 2009 through Laser's edge.Very nice symphonic/heavy prog.I will check out the thread too.
I was born in the land of Mahavishnu,not so far from Kobaia.I'm looking for the world

of searchers with the help from

crimson king
 Post Reply Post Reply