Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Magenta record live acoustic album at Real World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMagenta record live acoustic album at Real World

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magenta record live acoustic album at Real World
    Posted: September 10 2009 at 16:22

Magenta are thrilled to announce that they will be performing a special acoustic concert at Real World Studios in Box, Wiltshire, England on Saturday 21st November.  Real World Studios, in association with Real World Records Ltd, was founded by Genesis legend Peter Gabriel in 1989.

The concert will be recorded for a future CD, and possible DVD, release.

Rob Reed says “After performing several acoustic concerts over the past few years, it seems that the logical progression would be to record an acoustic album, and where better than at Peter Gabriel’s amazing studio complex.”

After former Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett became a fan of the band earlier in the year, Peter Gabriel must surely be next!

“If Mr. Gabriel were to pop in to see what was going on we would welcome and encourage him to join us as I’m sure we could rustle up a Genesis track or two” quipped guitar maestro Chris Fry.

From 70s legends Deep Purple, Robert Plant and King Crimson to contemporary artists like Robbie Williams, Massive Attack and the Arctic Monkeys, clients of Real World Studios comprise a who’s who of the music industry.

Rob continues “If we’re going to record at such a prestigious venue we might as well pull out all the stops. Real World’s ‘Wooden Room’ as well as having amazing acoustics, has a stunning grand piano which I can’t wait to get to grips with. I will also be using a harpsichord and we will be joined by a string quartet which will compliment Magenta’s music beautifully.”

Magenta intend to play classic songs from all four of their studio albums as well as many of their shorter pieces, some seldom played songs and perhaps a few surprises.

“The prospect of performing at such a legendary studio is incredibly exciting and I can’t wait for November 21st” says Magenta vocalist Christina Booth “and although there is only a limited amount of space in the Wooden Room for the audience, we’re really looking forward to playing in front of many of our fans and friends”.

As well as an audience of press and VIPs, we are offering 40 fans the opportunity to attend this unique event. To apply for tickets please email Magenta on [email protected] and we’ll email back full details very soon.

Post Reply Post Reply