Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asia (original line up) recording new album"Omega"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAsia (original line up) recording new album"Omega"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bitterblogger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2009 at 17:37
Originally posted by SouthSideoftheSky SouthSideoftheSky wrote:

Phoenix was a quite good album... But I was much more impressed by the live DVD 'Fantasia - Live In Tokyo'. I would love to see them live IRL.

I also hope that they release another live DVD with a set list that is radically different from Fantasia. Hopefully with some of the new songs (from Phoenix and from this upcoming album) as well as different Yes (something from Drama maybe?), King Crimson (a song John Wetton actually wrote this time?) and ELP (preferably one with vocals!) songs. I would also like to hear them play songs from UK and GTR and perhaps a song or two from the John Payne-era albums.

As for instrumentals I would love to hear Steve play Aqua Part 1 and Geoff the instrumental piano version of Video Killed The Radio Star (which is much better than the vocal version IMO).

Looking forward to future projects (studio and live) from Asia Smile
I agree with everything here, although I'm not expecting significant departures from the setlist regarding their past band associations (as much as I really enjoyed "Book Of Saturday" from the Russia tour live album). But surely it must include more recent material this time, plus "The Smile Has Left Your Eyes" and another title from Alpha.
SouthSideoftheSky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2009 at 05:26

Phoenix was a quite good album... But I was much more impressed by the live DVD 'Fantasia - Live In Tokyo'. I would love to see them live IRL.

I also hope that they release another live DVD with a set list that is radically different from Fantasia. Hopefully with some of the new songs (from Phoenix and from this upcoming album) as well as different Yes (something from Drama maybe?), King Crimson (a song John Wetton actually wrote this time?) and ELP (preferably one with vocals!) songs. I would also like to hear them play songs from UK and GTR and perhaps a song or two from the John Payne-era albums.

As for instrumentals I would love to hear Steve play Aqua Part 1 and Geoff the instrumental piano version of Video Killed The Radio Star (which is much better than the vocal version IMO).

Looking forward to future projects (studio and live) from Asia Smile
ProgressiveAttic View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2009 at 16:20
Asia, Alpha and Phoneix were nice albums .... I am hoping that this new album is going to be more progressive (maybe another Drama, Going for the One or...just maybe ... Tarkus, Tales From Topographic Oceans or Red)
Michael's Sonic Kaleidoscope Mondays 5:00pm EST(re-runs Thursdays 3:00pm) @ Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio(http://www.deliciousagony.com)

Xanadu3737 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2009 at 15:23
Cool, Phoenix was a solid release.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2009 at 09:40
The band is pleased to announce that they are currently recording their second reunion studio album and the follow-up to 2008's acclaimed "Phoenix" album. The legendary Roger Dean is onboard to design the cover artwork, while the renowned Mike Paxman is in the producer's chair. The album is due for completion in mid-February, so keep an eye on the official Asia website for more details!
http://www.originalasia.com/

Edited by Easy Livin - December 01 2009 at 09:41
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12