Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shadow Gallery to Perform on Triton Power Cruise
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShadow Gallery to Perform on Triton Power Cruise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shadow Gallery to Perform on Triton Power Cruise
    Posted: December 17 2009 at 17:38

[FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE]

December 17, 2009

Allentown, PA -   American prog/metal giant Shadow Gallery has announced that they will be performing live in concert on the 2010 Triton Power Cruise. This will be the first live performance for Shadow Gallery. The band recently released their sixth studio album Digital Ghosts to wide critical acclaim.

“We have waited a long time to bring the music of Shadow Gallery to the stage,” said Gary Wehrkamp, “There are many talented bands performing on the Triton Power Cruise and we are honored to be a part of this exciting event.”  Fellow band mate Brendt Allman also commented, “This will be a fun event, a long time in the making.”  Beth Mays of Triton Power Cruise said, “It is my sincerest honor to have Shadow Gallery give their first performance onboard the Triton Power Cruise.”

The Triton Power Cruise web site is www.tritonpowercruise.com  The cruise includes the following: Cabin, all food on the cruise, a pre-party on Thursday, April 29, 2010, party in the Bahamas, all concerts, Meet and Greet, Beatnik Rhythm Analyzers sponsored drum clinic featuring Casey Grillo of Kamelot and more. Optional upgrade will also be available for a private party with all the featured bands.  

The band’s latest album, Digital Ghosts, was released November 3rd on the Inside Out record label. Additional tour dates in support of Digital Ghosts may be announced in the future. Digital Ghosts is now available at www.shadowgallery.com and at Inside Out Music.

Shadow Gallery: Gary Wehrkamp- guitars, keyboards, vocals; Brendt Allman- guitars, keyboards, vocals; Carl Cadden-James-bass guitar, vocals; Brian Ashland- lead vocals, guitar; Joe Nevolo, drums

Shadow Gallery Media Contact: [email protected]

Triton Power Cruise Media Contact: Beth Mays 713-498-8216 

Xanadu3737 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2009 at 21:04
Lovely. I live in Allentown and yet I won't get to see the first show of one of my absolute favorite bands.

I would be considering this except April 30th I will only be halfway through finals in my spring semester. I have reason to believe there will be other shows so I'm not going to be overly upset about it, but it would have been awesome to be a part of that historic first show.
Nil17 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2009 at 12:24
This is amazing news!!!  Clap  What a way to start out with live performing.  Anybody lucky enough to be on this cruise is in for a mind-blowing experience.  How I wish I were one of those people.  Definitely hoping this will be the first of many great live performances by SG.  I'm a huge fan & can't wait to see what these guys do next!
wimerd View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2009 at 20:19
I love Shadow Gallery, I also live in the Allentown area, and I'm also bummed that I won't be able to see the band finally perform live. This cruise seems like a really weird idea to me. Hopefully this will mean that the band will play more live shows.
loonytunzz View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2009 at 03:34
i'll have to listen to the new S/G album before i commit... i'm so used to hearing Michael's vocals that listening to someone else sing these songs might be a little wierd for me but hey i'll give it aq go and see
When words fail... Music speaks
Nil17 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2009 at 11:10
I highly recommend listening to "Digital Ghosts"...Mike had a great voice & did amazing things with the vocals but Brian Ashland does a fantastic job & it's great to see SG moving forward while keeping their core sound.
fishfire View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2010 at 10:26
...person to hear the band Shadow Gallery performing together live.  After enjoying a wonderful dinner prepared by Ginger Wehrkamp, we were walking past the recording studio where Gary, Brendt, Carl, and Joe (also Eric, another keyboardist who will be sitting in with the band when they perform on the Triton Power Cruise) were rehearsing.  At that time,  they were playing the song "Pain" from their new album, Digital Ghosts.  

I literally jumped up and down with excitement.  Shadow Gallery performing together and wow, wow- a live version to the song and it ROCKED!   

I was outside, singing along when Ginger said, "Come on, we will sneak inside and watch from the control room." and we did.  And it was an awesome experience.   Thanks Ginger!   (she is an amazing cook too.)

There they were, Carl flying on the bass, Gary's fingers skimming across the keyboards, Brendt shredding on the Guitar and Joe Nevolo, sticks spinning and cymbals crashing.   Shadow Gallery live.  The only person missing was new singer Brian Ashland.   I was told he would be there today to work on the vocals. He better show up or I will grab that mike and stunt sing for him.  HA!

A perfect evening! Thanks SG!

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2010 at 08:50
Other bands that might be of interest to prog fans that are playing on this cruise are Evergrey, Pagan's Mind, Cage, Jon Oliva's Pain, Circle II Circle, and Crimson Glory.  There are other bands as well, but those are the ones that I have heard of. 
 Post Reply Post Reply